20

"It just hurts that my parents and Lizzie didn't even call me to congratulate me about the baby." Layla commented to Parker as they sat at the dining room table eating dinner.

Logan was sitting in his high chair, using his little plastic fork to eat spaghetti. However, he often discarded the fork and used his hands instead. Layla and Parker let him eat however he wanted, as long as he ate because it would be bath time after dinner anyhow.

"I know it does, honey. But you know that they don't support us. They never really have." Parker shrugged before stuffing his mouth with a piece of garlic bread.

"I know." Layla sighed as she picked at her food with her fork. "But I mean I thought at least my mom would; I mean, she's my mom."

Parker looked at his wife sympathetically as he placed his hand over hers on the table. "I'm sure she'll come around, babe. I don't know what you said to her when you left, but it'll turn out alright."

"I said a lot of things to her." Layla chuckled slightly. "It's like they just don't like me anymore."

"Because you're not fake as fuck like them anymore." Parker stated. "And haven't been in years."

"I just didn't think that they'd hate me because I became who I was meant to be and found who I was meant to be with." Layla said quietly as she wiped a tear from the corner of her eye. "I thought they'd be happy for me."

"Most people aren't going to be genuinely happy for you, babe. That's just life; it's always about what other people can get out of you. Especially people like me and you, there's only a few friends and family we can count on all the time. The rest are gonna fold when times get tough. But you know all this baby."

"Yeah, you're right." Layla agreed solemnly.

Parker rubbed his thumb across her hand and said, "Now eat. You're eating for two now."

Layla cracked a smile as she thought about the growing baby in her stomach. She looked over at Logan who had spaghetti sauce all over him. She mused in her own mind that it was a good thing she had taken off his shirt before he started eating. She chuckled softly at her growing baby, and she was happy that before long he would have someone to play with. She looked over at Parker who was already looking at her with a smile on his face, and she smiled before starting to eat again.

When dinner was over, Layla cleaned up the plates while Parker took Logan upstairs to get him ready for his bath. About ten minutes later, Layla had finished clearing the table, and she walked upstairs to the master bedroom where she knew her boys would probably be. She walked through the bedroom to the bathroom, and she laughed when she saw what they were doing in there.

Logan was in the tub, putting bubbles from the bath into his hair, and Parker was sitting across from him in the bath, holding him and trying to wash his arm off.

"I didn't know that you were getting in the bath, too babe." Layla chuckled as she took a picture with her phone of the two in the bath.

"Yeah, well, he was already getting me soaked so I just took off my clothes and got in." Parker chuckled as Logan splashed the water.

"He sure does love the water." Layla commented as she sat on the toilet seat.

"I know. We're gonna have to take a vacation somewhere it's warm enough to get in the water." Parker said.

"Babe you didn't get him a diaper to put on when he got out."

"Well, go get one." Parker said right before he grinned at Logan that he had put a mohawk with bubbles in his hair.

Layla laughed and shook her head at the two boys grinning up at her. She walked out of the room towards Logan's room, holding her hand on her stomach and telling the baby that she couldn't wait for it to be here with its dad and brother in the bath. She walked back into the bathroom carrying the diaper, seeing Logan using the soapy rag to wash his daddy's arm. Parker was grinning still and looking at Logan with all the love he had in his eyes. Layla smiled as she pulled her phone out and took another picture of them.

A few minutes later, the boys had gotten rinsed off and Layla had Logan in her arms in a towel drying him off. Logan grunted and reached out for his pacifier that was sitting on the sink. Layla handed it to him to which he grabbed it and put in his mouth before laying his wet head on her shoulder. She smiled and kissed the baby's forehead as she continued to dry his head as she walked into the bedroom. Parker followed behind them wearing a towel around his waist.

Logan laid on the bed as Layla continued to make sure he was dry enough, and Parker found a pair of boxers to put on. When Layla had gotten Logan's diaper on him, she smiled as she tickled his sides and blew on his stomach, causing Logan to giggle loudly.

"Come on, babe." Layla said to Logan as she helped him sit up in the bed. "Gotta put on your shirt."

Logan shook his head no as he moved away from her on the bed.

"You see what you did to your son? He doesn't wanna wear clothes." Layla chuckled as she looked at Parker sitting on the end of the bed in nothing but his boxers while he flipped through channels.

Parker glanced back at Logan and smirked before telling Layla, "Just let him wear that to bed."

"But it's cold." Layla objected.

"The heat's always on, Lays." Parker said.

Layla sighed as she gave into the two boys; the little one had laid down on the other side of the bed with his big brown eyes on the television. She smiled as she crawled into the bed beside him, cuddling his little self who placed his hand on top of hers to hold her finger. Parker followed the trend, climbing beside Layla and wrapping his arm around both of them as they watched The Lorax on the television.

About an hour later, Logan was asleep, and Parker carried him into his room while Layla walked behind him. She made sure he was covered up with his stuffed animal beside him before she kissed him goodnight. Parker and Layla smiled at each other before sharing a quick kiss before heading back to their room.

"What time's the doctor's appointment tomorrow?" Parker asked Layla as she began to change into one of his tee shirts.

"Eleven." Layla replied. "I thought that we'd drop Logan off at your parents while we went."

Parker nodded as he laid in the bed changing the channel on the television. "Sounds fine baby."

Layla smiled as she got in the bed beside her husband. "You're such a good daddy, you know that?"

Parker smiled at her as he pulled her onto him. "You're such a good mama, you know that?"

Layla smiled as she leaned in to kiss him. They shared a short kiss then Layla said, "What do you think the baby will be?"

"I don't know, babe. We still got a couple more months before they tell us that."

"I know." Layla grinned. "If it's another boy, I'm going to be so outnumbered."

Parker chuckled. "You love your boys, though."

"I do." Layla smiled. "Wouldn't have it any other way but to have my two handsome boys."

"We don't know what we'd do without you again, baby." Parker smiled before kissing her again.

The two of them talked for hours more, finally falling asleep beside each other after losing the fight to stay awake and talk to each other more.