5

Everything after Parker heard that she was awake, nothing else mattered to him.

He quickly shot off the bed, picking up his jeans as he held the phone to his ear with his shoulder. "Is she okay? Like, is she, does she remember who she is and everything?"

"Yes, sir, and the first person she asked for is you."

"I'll be there as soon as possible. Thank you so much." Parker said before hanging up the phone and throwing it back on the bed. " Get the fuck outta my house, my wife is coming with me when I come back."

"But I thought-"

"You always knew you weren't nothing but a slut." Parker said as he put on a hoodie. "I'm not trying to lose my wife because of you. Now you're leaving."

"Well how about I just tell you wife what you've been doing for the past three months?" Macy smirked deviously.

"Bitch, I swear to God if you do-"

"What are you going to do?"

Parker groaned frustratingly as he pushed his clothes into a duffle bag. "What do you want? You want money? How much money you want?"

"Ten." Macy said.

"Thousand?" Parker raised his eyebrows in surprise.

"Yep."

Parker was mumbling profanities as he walked out of the room to go to the safe. When he came back, he tossed ten thousand dollars worth of gold in a bar onto the bed in front of Macy.

"Now get the hell out of my house." Parker ordered as he started cramming more clothes into his bag.

"Nice doing business with you, Schnabel." Macy smiled satisfactorily as she got off the bed, gathering her clothes from the floor.

"Won't ever happen again you can bet your life on that shit." Parker mumbled as he zipped up his bag.

***

Parker walked into the hospital at five that morning, his hair a mess as well as his clothes. He had let his parents take care of Logan, knowing that he would be fussing the entire plane ride as well as when they would arrive at the hospital. He ran a hand through his hair as he approached the desk.

"Is Layla still in the same room?" He asked hurriedly.

The desk lady knew Parker, for one thing when he would come to see his grandpa in this hospital years ago, and another thing Parker walked the halls of this hospital for four months when Layla had her accident. He could probably tell you where everything was at in that place.

The older lady smiled softly. "No, Mr. Schnabel, they moved her into a normal room."

"Well, what is it?" Parker asked desperately.

"Room 109 it's on floor-"

Before she could even finish her sentence, Parker was gone. He knew exactly where that was at. He ran to the elevator, frantically pressing the button over and over. He quickly got into the elevator and pressed the second floor, tapping his foot as he waited impatiently.