Chapter 15

Axel's PoV

When I saw Jesse again, he was in school, slumped on the table, out cold. "Jesse?" I poked him and my best friend's eyes opened slowly. "Yeah?" he murmured, sounding tired. "Are you really okay?" I asked, concerned. Jesse nodded. When classes started, I diligently took down notes for Jesse and I. He seemed really sick.

Around us, however, the students didn't seem to realise how worried I was. Petra was talking to Lukas, who was twiddling a pencil in his fingers and Aiden was talking away to his group of friends. I scowled, remembering how they bullied me.

A girl with red hair, who's name I can never remember, had brought her pet kitten, Winslow, to school and almost everyone was crowding around them, just to watch the kitten. A girl with a yellow hair clip was reading a book, with the sun's rays on her. And Olivia... I turned to see the girl, who was taking down notes as well. She was a hard worker and I liked that about her.

Olivia was smart, and capable but somehow, not many people wanted to be her friend. They called her the geek and the lame. I wanted to defend her but I knew the bullies, will target me instead. I had to find a way to help Olivia secretly. I sighed. I could feel my hands itching to work on the treehouse, which was hidden deep in the woods.

But I had to make sure Jesse was okay. Carefully, I poked Jesse again, "Hey Jesse?" My best friend turned his head to me, his green eyes a little bloodshot. "Are you seriously okay?" I asked. Jesse bit his lip and seemed to want to tell me something. "Alright class, that's page four hundred and twenty." my teacher called.

And when I dutifully turned to page four hundred and whatnot, I looked back to that Jesse had fallen asleep again. What was wrong with him?

-End