Chapter 24

Axel's PoV

I lied down on my bed, thinking. It was kinda peaceful, just not doing anything. Olivia's Christmas present to me was still sitting on my table so I got up and sat at my desk. I couldn't seem to sit still. I needed to walk around.

Sighing, I opened the box, and found a letter, neatly resting on another box inside. I raised an eyebrow and slit open the letter.

Dear Axel,

My mom used to love making new things. And my dad liked to destroy things, I have no idea why. But they both found something together. They're like the opposites of each other, but you know how they say opposites attract, right?

So I made this back when I was 7. Be sure to put in some batteries. And also, I hope Reuben and Jesse liked their presents.

Love,
Olivia Goodmann

I set down the letter carefully and looked at the box. Taking it out was easy, and after I took off the cover, I smiled. Because sitting inside, was a robot, made of wood and plastic. A strange combination.

I placed it on my bed, examining it carefully. There was a slot at the back for a battery. Hmm.. I opened my beside drawer and took out the battery from the remote. When I slid the battery into the back of the robot's head, the eyes flickered on and it started walking, all by itself.

"Whoa.!" I lunged forward and caught it before it plummeted to its death. I looked at it and silently ran a thumb over a scratch in its back. OxA. I hope we see each other again someday.

I sat there in the darkness, silent.

And it wasn't until I realised that my pillow was wet because I was crying...

"Someday, I will be with you again, Olivia Goodmann. I'll never forget you." I murmured, hugging the toy close to me.

-End