Chapter 1

Let's skip ahead 22 years, shall we?

That baby was me, Addelyn. Yes, I still wear the necklace everyday. Wouldn't you? If you basically had the treasure to your true love you would totally wear it, wouldn't you? Except my treasure map doesn't have much instructions. All it really has is a destination.

Of course, they way I try to reach this destination is enjoying the way there.

There was a coffee shop just around the corner of my house, and I almost went there every day. This was no Starbucks. In fact, it was a lot better. It was run by a couple who discovered each other through the necklaces. Their drinks are amazing. The chocolate chip frappe has the perfect ratio of coffee to chocolate. It tastes like heaven in a drink.

I ordered a small chocolate chip frappe and happily sipped away, sitting in a vintage chair by a window. I liked to people watch when I sat here, while taking small glimpses at my necklace when someone attractive passes. This was one of my favorite hobbies. You can see so many different looking people just in our small town.

One boy walked by. He had dark brown hair that was spiked up and piercing blue eyes. Pleasing to the eye. I took a quick peek at my necklace. Wait, was that a bit of a glow I saw?

He must have been looking at his too, because he looked in my direction. I motioned to my necklace and shrugged, as if to say "I really don't know if this means you or not". He smiled and shrugged back. Wow oh wow, did I love his smile. It almost made you feel like that smile was just meant for you and no one else.

He opened the door to the coffee shop. Crap I thought to myself, I'm not ready for this!

He walked over towards the chair I was sitting in. My necklace was glowing insanely, and so was his. "Hello there," he said "I couldn't help but notice that our necklaces are glowing."

I smiled, and said, "Yeah, I guess they are. So...what should we do?"

He smiled back. "I don't know. This has never happened to me before. I guess it only happens once, though. You know, this sort of thing."

"Yeah, I understand. How about we get to know each other? I think I need to know my so-called "soulmate"'s name."

"I think that's pretty important to know."