Engine Technician Pt2

Picture from: https://pin.it/jntpuoxdo5zulx
—————————————————
Poe's P.O.V

Her chest heaved up and down, she muttered in her sleep, but laid dead still, only muttering and breathing. I swear she's dead most the time. But then she'll mutter again and grip me, then I know she's safe. It was easy and I felt her getting up, yawning and stretching, like nearly every other morning. Going into the bathroom and nearly slamming the door, the shower going, she always showered to only get covered in grease and dirt. But I swear I hear her vomiting. Some people on base have been really quite ill, she's probably caught it, she sees the most people every day even if they don't see her.

Finally, she emerged and stretched she looked a good colour, brushing her hair and putting on the orange suit. "Come back to bed..." I complained she smiled "Poe, you nearly totalled your ex-wing, someone needs to fix it.." my pouting made her stare for a while longer walking over and kissing you. Before pulling away, "come see me on my lunch break..." you frowned "you never eat lunch..." but something in her eyes was wanting attention so you nodded "of cause I'll visit you.."

As lunch came, bringing her a sandwich from the canteen, chewing my lip, was ham her favourite? Maybe it was tuna? You had picked up a cheese, which you now feared she'd hate. But head stuck in the engine bay you admired the view, it was your x-wing and your girlfriend. "Y/N.." you called out, for her to pull herself out and look at you smiling, "It's lunch?" nodding happily hoping to wipe concern off her face.

Sitting with her as she ate her sandwich, she didn't mind cheese, you got off lucky. Smiling as she tangled her feet into yours, "Ppppppooooooeeeee.." she teased out your name, looking up at her, "wwwhhhhaaatttt.." you teased in return. "I've sorted the engine out on your baby, I was wondering if you'd like to take her for a ride, I'd like to go with you?" she'd never asked to fly with you, you sort of loved that she wanted you to fly her. "Y/N, my cockpit only had one seat.." she nodded, "I think you'll find that's the idea.." suddenly it ticked, she wasn't after just a flight, but the flight of her life...