Don't Worry, it Gets Worse

Alchemy's POV 

Caitlin is hugging me tightly, I smile to myself. It worked, she really believes that I am Julian. She is talking and I am only half listening. I am thinking of ways that I can help her to reach full potential and this will start by helping her be fully rid of Caitlin.

"Listen, Cait. I am here for you okay? Whatever  it takes to let you be be rid of what is causing all of the problems I will help you."

She smiles sweetly and squeezes my hand.

"Thank you Julian this really means a lot." 

We sit in silence for awhile and she watches the kids playing. I start to think about the task before me. I need to help Caitlin realize her full potential and who she really is. I need her to become Killer Frost permanently. I don't know what Julian sees in her. Caitlin is weak, pathetic, a cry baby, and a little boring. From the way she dresses to the car she drives no wonder she is choosing to freeze Julian out and remain single. Caitlin's phone buzzing makes her jump. Oh I forgot Caitlin is also a scaredy  cat for lack of a better description.

"Hello?"

Even her voice is coming out as scared. I can't make out who she is talking to but I am guessing it's Barry or Cisco because she has no other friends. Sure enough her next words confirm my theory.

"Cisco, no- I-"

Her next words are cut off by him. I clench my fists. Even though I prefer Frost over Caitlin I still feel protective over her. I run over again in my head my view of her and add a few more. She is kind, she is beautiful and she genuinely cares about people. I sigh in frustration and push those thoughts back, Julian is slipping through.

"Cisco!"

Caitlin's curt tone makes me smile a little. There she is there is the part of her showing who she needs to be.

"Listen to me, you do not know what I am going through okay? You haven't killed someone while being trapped in your own mind. I can't come back yet, please just give me some time."

She hangs up before Cisco can answer and shuts off her phone. She pauses for awhile and turns to me. 

"Okay, the first thing we need to do is get me a new phone so they can't reach me."

We stand up and make our way out of the park. Before long, we have Caitlin's burner phone and it's getting dark.

"Hey, Caitlin would it a problem if I stay at your apartment building?"

"Oh!, um- no, I guess it won't be. It might easiest that way."

Once we reach her building and go in, I feel her tense up as she talks to the guy running the desk. She gives me my key and we walk up the dark stairway. 

Caitlin's POV

Julian is quiet as we walk up the stairs. I'm so grateful he is here and even more so that he doesn't feel the need to fill every silence. Unfortunately, his room is right next to mine.

"Good night Julian."

He puts his hand gently on my face and just looks at me. I bring my hand up to his and lay it there.

"We will get through this together Caitlin."

He then reaches for my hand and gently kisses it.

"Good night Caitlin."

He goes into his room without another word and closes the door behind him. I smile and go into my room, 20 minutes later I fall into bed and go to sleep immediately.