Chapter 7

The next morning, Singto woke feeling refresh for the first time. He could sleep peacefully without any nightmare. For once after so long, he could smelt a fresh air that circulated in his bedroom.

He could feel the sunlight softly warmed his skin. A small smile formed in his lips when he recalled his conversation with little Arthit. He could not see with his eyes but he could try sharpen his senses to give him direction. He really wanted to see Arthit again someday. Will the hospital give the little boy's personal information if he asked?

"Good morning Khun Singto. How's your sleep? Good I presume, by looking on the drool's track on your chin," suddenly his bedroom door was opened and Krist invaded his personal space.

He tried wiping his chin to get rid of the dried drool that Krist mentioned. His mood dropped a little.

"What are you doing here?" angrily he asked.

"Tsk...tsk... so fierce, and it's still early in the morning. I like it," Krist teased him no mercy.

Singto just buried his face onto the pillow. Tried to block Krist's voice. This's still too early for him to have some arguments with Krist. Here's gone his peaceful morning.

"Khun Singto..." Krist sing-songed his name again. "What do you want for breakfast?"

"I am not hungry," came the short replied.

"But I am. I brought bacon and omelet, oh do you know that they called it 'telor dadar'? I also brought sunny side up. And you know what they called it here? Telor ceplok! Hahahaha.... CEPLOK...PLOK...  hahaha" Krist laughed so hard.

After his laughed died out, he continued, "I also have some fruits. Papaya, banana and some strawberries. But don't eat the strawberry. It's so sour. Don't tell Bu Ketut that we won't eat them, ok? I will bury them so she won't know. Deal?"

Singto tried hard to conceal his smile while Krist's rumbling his plan on how he would bury the poor strawberries.

Krist continued talking while put food in front of Singto's lips. Too lazy to argue, Singto just opened his mouth and chew whatever Krist's giving him.

"Have you heard that Marvel announced that they will start the production of Avengers 4? I love Avengers. Which one do you like more? DC's Justice League or Marvels' Avengers?" Krist asked Singto while feeding him some papaya. "I bet you like Justice League more."

"Why?" Singto asked.

"You are dark like Justice League." Krist explained.

"Justice League isn't dark. They just awesome," Singto couldn't accept Krist argumentation.

"Yes it is. Looked at the kind of costumes they used in Justice League. Please... is there no other color then black and a bit red?" Krist asked.

"What's wrong with black? And how bout Avengers? Too much red and blue. Everyone needs to wear something red and blue."

"Eh hello... Captain America is American, of course they need to use red and blue."

"But how about Scarlet Witch or Black Panther? They're not American. Or how about Thor? He's not even human!"

"Whatever. Still Justice League is too dark. I am so tempted to turn on the lights every time I watched Justice League."

"Justice League has more abilities. For intelligence, they have Batman. For power, they have Superman and off-course Wonder Woman. We can't forget about our beautiful demi-goddess, right? For speed, they have the Flash. For telepathy, they have Martian Manhunter." Singto made his points.