Chapter 15

The next day, Singto was released from the hospital. To his disappointment, he didn't see Krist before he went home.

He refused Jessica's offer to come and took him home. He didn't want to see her today. Their last conversation, or as he remembered it correctly, their argument was still fresh.

"Singto, when will they release you?" Jessica asked him that day.

"I don't know," silently added 'and I don't care.'

"We need to prepare for the wedding. There're so many things to do, your tux, the cakes, the catering, flowers, invitations, guests list." Jessica stared at him, disbelieving on the lack of enthusiasm on Singto's part. But who would be ecstatic to end his own freedom this way?

"Do you still want to marry me after all this thing?" lazily Singto pulled his body to sit straight.

"Of course! Our parents have arranged everything. Beside you have to be responsible for my pregnancy." Jessica blurted.

"Pregnancy? How? You lost your baby!" Singto couldn't believe his ears. So there's another baby on the line. He bet all his assets, it's Bright's. "So you can't keep your panties up for long, heh?" Singto smirked. Jessica slapped his face hard to his surprise.

"What the hell! I won't take it Jessica. It's not mine! I won't be responsible for that baby!" Singto was so furious and he threw his pillow.

"Oh, you will be responsible Singto, honey! Cause I've already told our parents about our little encounter when we're in Bali. You forget how naughty you were that time," Jessica laughed.

"Nothing happened in Bali! You don't even stay there with me! " Singto screamed.

"Poor you, Singto, no one will believe you! No one! Especially after I cried to your mommy and daddy, saying that I love you so much and I want to keep our baby, the fruit of our love, the heir of Ruangroj Family." This time it's Jessica who smirked while Singto fowned.

"I will tell your parents that it's not mine. Let see how will they react." Singto tried threatening her.

"But Singto dear, my parents don't care whose baby it is, as long as they can have a Ruangroj as their son in law." She laughed and flicked her hair away then left the flabbergasted man.

His life surely a tragic comedy scene. When he gains his sight back, when he finds his love and was ready to claim him, he got trapped, trapped by Jessica's little game. Once again, it's been decided that they would have the grand wedding arranged by daddy's little princess.

He put on his sunglasses on and winced a little as the sun rays blared into his eyes. He moved fast, leaving the hospital behind while keeping his head down to lessen the sun's exposure on his eyes. To his advantage, an empty cab passed by and he jumped inside and gave his destination address to the driver.

It just a short drive and soon he was arrived at Bright's club. He immediately asked around; Just to be told that Kit had resigned some time ago and no one knew where he was now. So he went to find Bright instead. The two men sat together in a private booth. Staring at each other as the tension built between them.

"Where is he, Khun Bright?" Singto looked at the club owner.

"I don't know. One day, after he got back from your villa, he told me he wanted to quit. Did anything happen in Bali?" an accusation formed on Bright's face.

Singto could not return the man's glare. He knew he was the guilty one. "Where can I find him?"

"I don't know. Look man, in this kind of business, people come and go. They put their private life in a separate closet. There's no way I can tell you where he lives." Bright surely won't tell Singto that he could tell him exactly where was Krist now.