Chapter - 2

2

Now I’m 17, its eight years after the accident and my mother still refuses to let it go. I’m a senior in high school, and me and my three friends all have plans for college, and the for the future. Lucas, Steve, Bobby, and I have become our own group at our high school. We’re labeled as the outsiders who don’t care what we appear to those at our school. Lucas is a photographer who likes to take pictures of animals and nature. Bobby fights for the rights for plants and animals. I like to paint pictures of animals, mostly I draw sketches of my wolf. I go out in the woods, and try to find her. Lucas and I like to go out together in to the woods and see if we find anything we like.

Sometimes we find her wandering in the woods, and Lucas will get a good picture of her. I have a copy of every picture that he has of her. Once and a while I catch a glimpse of her and I’ll sketch her down and relive my time with her. Lucas knows about the obsession I have with my wolf. We have found other wolves and we decided that the other wolves are probably apart of her pack. I have some pictures of them as well.

Steve had the hardest time fitting in with us when he first moved to Michigan. He moved here when I was 14. Steve is more of a slacker where Bobby, Lucas, and I are A students. We have a very odd group but we make it work. There’s one more month left in summer, and then we all have to file back into school.

The Steve and I have been hanging out a lot since Bobby left to go to Africa with a group of environment protectors. Lucas isn’t around as much as he used to be since he is working on this big project. So Steve and I have each other’s company, and we found out that we have a lot in common. There is a gas station ten minutes from my house and Steve and I have been going there almost every day in the last week. The cashiers knows us as regulars and knows exactly when to expect us.

 Everything changed on the Tuesday of the second week that Steve and I went to the gas station. Steve called me on my cell in the morning with big news.

“Hello” I said, answering my cell phone.

“I have the best news. You’re going to flip when you hear this” Steve said.

“This better be good because I was still sleeping” I wasn’t mad but I like to tease him.

“You know what. Just for that I’m not going to tell you. You have to wait till we get there for me to show you. But believe me it’s worth the wait” he said with so much enthusiasm that I was a little scared about what it was. “I’ll be at your house in an hour. And you better be ready”.

“Okay, I’ll be here” I said, growing anxious.

          I hung up and got out of bed. I went downstairs to the kitchen and poured a bowl of cereal. After my breakfast I went through my normal routine, and hopped in the shower. After the shower I brushed my teeth and looked in the mirror. My hair was getting long and going into my face. I would have to cut it soon, but I hate my hair short. I went back to my room and found whatever I could to wear. I pulled on some jeans and an old band-tee. I grabbed my phone, went downstairs, and turned on the T.V. Steve had texted me while I was in the shower.

 r u ready?

Yeah, u here?

On my way! This is going to be awesome

There was a knock at the door and I figured that it was Steve. I was right, though I hadn’t expected what I saw. Steve was dressed up. Nothing too big but out of the ordinary for him. He was wearing jeans without holes, and a button up shirt. I just looked him over with shock. Where are we going that he needs to do something like this? Steve never dresses up unless he is forced to.  Over all the years I’ve known him he has never voluntarily worn anything that looked so proper. I was amazed, he looked really good. And then I realized I looked really odd next to him.