Chapter -10

10

I had just three free days before I had to go back to school. It was bright, and the house was quiet. Both of my parents were at work so the house was mine. On the answering machine there were three messages. I checked them and all three were from my mom. I didn’t listen to them and just erased them. My phone buzzed on the kitchen table. I picked up and saw that I had a new text.

Hey you go outside!

I went outside and leaning on my car was Anna. She was looking down at the ground, not really paying any attention.

“Hey” I called. She looked up and her relaxed expression turned surprised. Her mouth hung open and she was studying me. I had forgotten to put a shirt on when I had gotten up. She had probably never seen me in only jeans. Her expression changed and I hoped her smile was an approving one. She walked up to me and pressed her body against mine. I wanted to wrap my arms around her but I was hesitant, her dad could arrive at any moment.

As if she knew my thoughts she said “Do not worry, my dad will not be here for…” she pulled out her phone and glanced at it “…for seven minutes.”

I leaned down and kissed her softly. Her arms came up around my neck, and my hands rested on her waist. Our kissing got harder and her hands were pulling me to her. I pulled on her waist until her hips were against me. My hands slid to the small of her back. My lips parted and just as before hers followed. My body was buzzing and I needed more of her. I was about to open my lips more when a car horn went off. We stopped but still stood wrapped in each other’s arms. Anna’s father’s truck was parked at the end of my driveway. He rolled down the window and I could see that he looked irritated. Anna exhaled softly and gave me another quick kiss. She untangled her arms from me and walked away.

“Thanks for returning my car” I called. Then I realized I was still missing something. “Wait I need the keys.”

“They are in your pocket” she shouted. I patted my pocket and they were. She gave a sly smile, and winked. The truck pulled off and I went back inside.

I texted Bobby. What r the plans?

 While I waited I made breakfast. The day was boring and a bit depressing. I did nothing and I was alone most of the day. Bobby never texted me back. The day ended and so did the next. The day before I had to go back to school I was sad and excited at the same time. I was sad that summer was ending and I wouldn’t have as much time to spend with Anna, but I was excited for the start of senior year. Once this year I would go off to college. Anna and I could go to the same college. Then I imagined us traveling the world together. She fit perfectly into what I wanted to do. For the rest of the day I thought about my life and in every scenario Anna was there.

Later in the day I had this extremely vivid day dream. I saw us at what looked like a formal dinner. It was big and looked very expensive. The table must have been at least twenty five feet long. Every spot at the table had a plate and many utensils. Every seat had a person in it and they wore tuxes and ball gowns. None of their faces were familiar except for the person who sat next to me. Anna.

Anna sat there and she was smiling at me. She wore a long strapless black dress. She seemed to glow in her dress, and I was wearing a standard tux. Everyone was gazing at Anna, seeming to be enthralled with her. Then I noticed something odd about all these people. There was no color in their eyes, they were completely black. I looked around the enormous room and everyone that looked to Anna had black eyes. I started to get scared. What was wrong with these people? Who were these people? I looked to Anna. Her eyes were normal and the beautiful green I loved shined. I saw her lips move but there was no words, no sound. The fear in me increased. I had to get out of here. I rose from my seat.