Anna -2

2

“Yes you do Alpha. I am sorry for my disrespect. I just sometimes feel that I am not important in the pack.” I let go of his neck he sat up.

“Clayton, you are very important. You make sure no one comes on our territory, this pack would be lost without you.” I looked up at everyone. They were staring at me with bright eyes. “Every member of this pack is important, no one…” I looked to Shane and my voice dropped to a whisper, “…no one gets left behind.” They all howled, and I immediately told them to quiet down. People were sleeping and we did not need the police showing up. I talked some more but then I dismissed everyone.

They got up and moved around the house. Shane sat in his chair, completely still, I felt so bad. I ran outside to the backyard and let my tears fall. I covered my mouth with my hand. I didn’t want anyone to hear me. I was out there for two minutes before Shane came out and found me. I could barely see, tears were streaming from of my eyes so fast.

“Anna” he said. I turned and he was a beautiful blur in my eyes. “I felt that you were upset.”

I took in a deep shaky breath. I calmed myself and said “That’s the bond between us.” My voice was shaky and weak. “Because I changed you, a little part of me will be with you. It has been known for newly changed wolves to feel the emotions of those that changed them.” I was going to lose it. I looked up at Shane and his eyes were gentle. “Shane,” I took another breath and exhaled, “I’m so sorry.” I couldn’t hold back anymore and huge tears ran down my cheeks.

Shane pulled me into his arms and his body was warm. “Do you think I’m angry with you?” He laid his head on top of mine.

“You should be. I took away your life.”

“No…you saved it.” His understanding made me cry harder. My body was shaking against his. As he held me in his arms I felt something that I had not felt in a long time. I felt utter acceptance, and love. Shane is perfect for me in every way. “Anna” he whispered. I looked up and he cupped my cheek. “I was going to wait to tell you this but right now is perfect.”  With his free hand Shane took mine and he intertwined his fingers. His hand was strong and warm. “Anna, I can’t stand to be away from you.

“When you were gone, I didn’t know what to do. You not being there just didn’t seem right. All I thought about was finding you and then never being apart. And you did that.” His gray eyes smoldered. “Now we can be, nothing is in our way.” I thought of Antony and how I would eventually have to tell Shane, but he quickly left my mind because Shane was here and he was all I wanted. He was all I ever wanted. “Anna, I love you. I can see our life together perfectly. Running together, hunting together, being mates.” Something about him saying mate made me think that Shane might be able to handle this life.

“Shane, I love you too. I never thought I would fall in love like I did with you but now that you’re here, it’s just wonderful.” My eyes watered, but they were tears of joy. Shane leaned down and he kissed me. It was just a small kiss but it was in no way dull.

We stood in each other’s arms, until there was a sound inside the house and I knew I had to go find out what happened. I looked up at Shane and rolled my eyes. He smiled at me and he let me go. We walked inside hand in hand and it felt nice to have someone there for me. Inside Nicholas and Graham had gotten into a fight. I broke it up and ordered everyone to go to sleep. It was late, and tomorrow was going to be very stressful for everyone. Shane had to be told everything and start being trained. Even if he hadn’t changed yet he was now a pack member. I found a spot for everyone, and by two o’clock everyone was asleep. Except for me and whoever was in the kitchen moving around. I went in there and sitting in chair was Shane. He had a picture frame in front of him and he was staring at it.