Caught

"King Namjoon!" I exclaimed, starting to hyperventilate.

I was afraid. Was he going to throw me in jail? Starve me? Was he going to kill me!? I looked around frantically, searching for any possible escape. There were guards on every side of me. Maybe I can-

"Don't worry," The king smiled. "We are not going to arrest you."

I gasped, steeping a foot away."You aren't?!" I exclaimed, relieved.  "Nope," He grinned cheerfully. "But you need to do something for me."

I nervously smiled, rubbing my hands together. "What would that be...sir," I asked, trying to be as polite as I can to the king. 

He chuckled, holding his hand out to me. "You will have to work as a servant in the castle for me," He smirked, a mischievous look in his eyes.

"What!?" I yelped. "Why would I do that?!"

He leaned back and sighed, the look still there. "Because," He said in a monotone tone of voice. "It's either that or going to the dungeon and working off the bread you stole."

I looked back at the bread I dropped on the ground. The bread wasn't that much. Maybe I could-

"And the other crimes you've committed," He spat out, looking me in the eye. "If you choose the dungeon...you will have to work off the other things you've stolen."

I snapped my head in his direction. "What!?" I yelled. "How do you know I committed more crimes?!" 

He smiled.

"Your permanent record." He sighed. "I've read through your permanent record."

I blinked.

Why would the king look through my permanent record. Doesn't he have other things to do?

I crossed my arms, remembering the prince looking at me through the window. Maybe I can get the prince to change the rules down here...

"Deal," I said, without thinking, shaking his hand.

"Good," he muttered, as he sat me in a carriage, leading me back towards the castle.