Chapter 8

Luke

"So after a long and brutal search the gods have concluded that Percy and Ice are in Tartarus." A sigh of relief comes from all the warriors and the campers look at us like we are crazy.

"They can handle themselves in Tartarus." I said.

"What about Shade, if he gets Percy's powers it's over." Annabeth said. I shake my head not knowing what to say. She's right but I don't' think anybody will beat Percy, definitely not with Ice helping him.

"All we can do is train and hope for the best." Chiron says. The meeting is dismissed and I look around and see my brothers Travis and Connor who are now the two prank gods. I remember Ice saying how before he died he became friends with them. I wonder if I should tell them he is alive.

"Hey guys, do you know Jack White?" I immediately regret saying that because now their usual happy mood turns in to a sad one. They numbly nod their heads. "He was olympus' assassin before the giant war. Then after he helped us in the war the gods declared him too powerful and sent him to his death in Tartarus." Connor says.

I gasp, I didn't know that part of Ice's past. Now that I know they think he is dead so I will just wait to tell them that their friend survived and then went back down their.

Chiron galloped over to where we were talking. "Sorry to interrupt but I was wondering who went on the quest to get the Romans to join the war."

"Nico, Thalia, Silena, and Charles." I said.

Nico

"This boy is on FIRE!" Leo screamed. I moaned in pain, my ears. We have been on the ArgoII for a few hours and apparently Leo likes to sing while driving. Everybody else was walking around occasionally fighting off monsters. I was resting in my room talking to Jason. He was going on and on about how if I ever hurt his sister he would send me to Tartarus. FRANKly (haha) his sister scares me more then him. "Are you listening to me?"

"Yeah definitely except, I love Thalia to much to ever hurt her."

His eyes scan my face and then he sighs. "I know but I just want my sister to not get hurt."

"If you really want that go figure out how to get Percy and Jack back." I say.

Jason frowns, "You don't think we can win this war without them?"

I shake my head. Suddenly we hear Leo from up above. "We're here, and your not like what I see."

We jump up and run to the deck. I fully expect to see the beautiful New Rome. What I saw were the remains of buildings and ash covering the ground. We hear a voice "Hello?"

Leo jumps of "Reyna!"

Sure enough the immortal praetor was lying in the rubble thinking that all was over. I walk over to her. "Where are the others?" I ask. She looks up at me with fear in her eyes, "Dead, the monsters killed them all."