Chapter 5

Deaths POV

I almost had a heart attack when I saw , 9 alphas and behind 18 Betas . My body began to shake and a soft growl escaped my throat causing all eyes on the tree that I was balancing on carefully . I felt a presence under me and when I looked I regretted it instantly it was the alpha that caught me , the one and only Alpha Seth .

He stepped forward toward the small group and turned around to face me they couldn't see me but they were still staring at me . I crouched low down on the tree , grabbed onto the branch tightly and then threw my legs back . I dangled for a minute until one of the Betas started toward me , as soon as the darkness enveloped him , I wrapped my legs around his neck and snapped it quickly .

I dropped myself to the floor and warped in the darkness , I knew the alpha had sensed it but he didn't do anything, I placed my feet just inside the darkness so only a few of my features were in sight . Some of my legs and my glowing orange eyes and my right arm and part of my breast that was just covered by the tattered leather jacket that I was wearing .

I heard soft growls and they weren't threatening , I growled viscously and I stepped back in to darkness . I quickly stripped and hung the clothes on the tree , shifting silently . I stepped out of the darkness the moonlight making my shiny silver coat glisten in the night . I quickly shook my coat and advanced on them until I was face-to-face with Alpha Seth , I heard two Beta like growls from behind but Seth didn't growl he was eyeing my silver coat and he raised his hand to touch my coat but I stepped back and barred my teeth at him but I didn't want to hurt him .

Me- What is wrong with me , I don't want to hurt an Alpha ?

Kaine- Nothing Princess it's just your natural instincts kicking in no one wants to hurt their mate .

Me- He isn't my mate Kaine !

Kaine- Are you telling me or asking me , child

I growled inwardly at Kaine but I was sprung back to life when I felt a touch on my silky coat , I aimed for the object touching me and I clamped my jaws on . A pearling scream , erupted from a voice and when I opened my eyes to see who it was . I felt funny inside like I hurt one of my own .

It was the same child from earlier but this time his mother wasn't here to protect him and I was hungry . I dropped the kids arm on aimed for the kids throat but I was shocked when I missed , I looked around to see the warrior holding the kid behind him , protecting him. I growled at him and tried to get the kid but he just side stepped in my way , he growled at me . This time Kaine growled when I bared my teeth , the warrior looked shocked then puzzled , I felt a lot of eyes on me and turned to see that the alphas and betas hadn't moved they were staring at me then back to the elder warrior .

" Back Off , you don't hurt children !" He growled at me , my eyes flicked up to his , I raised my body so my head met his head and I placed my forehead against his snarling . I pulled back and walked into the shadows , I quickly shifted and grabbed the clothes that hung from the small branch . I stormed out from the shadows and headed dead at him , he gulped and took a small step back . I heard a soft growl and Kaine went nuts , I'm hungry and angry if he doesn't give me that kid I'm going to kill him instead .

I pointed at the small shaking child , tears streaked his face but he was giving me a pity me face . I am going to enjoy killing him . I glared at the warrior , he smiled and did a small bow . I kneed him in the face grabbed a tuft of his hair , yanked his head up and growled in his face .

" Food!" I whispered into his ear , I felt all eyes on me . I pulled back and threw his head awkwardly then quickly snatched the kids arm and pulled him out from behind the warrior . I knelt down in front of the child and pulled a nice face , the I promise I won't ever hurt you , you have my word face and the stupid child fell for it he began to cry and then wrapped his arms around me . I went along then nicely , carefully placed my hand on the back of his head and he pulled back and looked me in the eyes . I placed my other hand under his chin and sighed heavily , snapping his neck effortlessly .