What Phil Wants

Phil felt really weird about it at first. He didn't even know that it could be "a thing." The internet always made him feel better.

It started about six months ago. Dan had taken an interest in practicing yoga at home several days a week. Phil had always given Dan his privacy, usually using the sixty to ninety minutes to cook a meal or catch up on housework.

Dan typically practiced in the upper lounge and went directly into the shower afterward. Phil rarely saw him until he was fresh out of the shower.

He didn't want to admit it, but just once Phil would have liked to have watched Dan work out. He knew little about yoga, but he did know that Dan did a lot of lengthening and strengthening. Because his boyfriend was somewhat self conscious about his movements and the way that he "sweat like a pig," Phil had always given him privacy. Still, part of Phil really wanted to watch him.

Dan would probably be horrified, but Phil loved the way that he looked and smelled when he sweat. He first noticed that it turned him on during the tour. They would finish the show, energized and sweaty, and Phil would notice the way that Dan's hair would curl at the edges, damp with sweat. He would be red faced and panting, his chest would heave with exhilaration and pride.

Phil would try to kiss him in the privacy of their dressing room, but Dan would giggle and duck, insisting that he be allowed to at least wash his face first. It was almost cute how he shied away, but it was maddening too. Phil wanted nothing more than to press his lips against Dan's and feel his damp skin.

Phil liked the way that he glistened, they way that his wet curls would stick to his forehead, and the way that he flushed. It reminded him of all the times they had made love to exhaustion.

One night, as they lay in bed, Phil kissed the round of Dan's bare shoulder. "You smell so good Baby." He buried his nose in the warm skin of Dan's neck and moaned softly.

Dan smiled and arched his back at Phil's touch. "Really Phil?" Dan thought that his boyfriend must be mad. He hadn't showered today. He had certainly not exerted himself, but he had not showered either.

"Yes, really." Phil did it again. He moved his nose along the long, elegant line of Dan's neck and inhaled deeply. He held his breath and exhaled. "God."

Dan shook his head and grinned. "Whatever Phil. You must be in love because I didn't shower today. I can't possibly smell like anything good."

"But you do." Phil lay his head on Dan's chest and sighed. "You are so warm and smell so good. Trust me."

"Thank you?" Dan started to laugh. "Actually, I think I know what you mean. Your skin always smells so good no matter what."

"See?" Phil smiled and giggled. "I'm not weird."

"I didn't say that you were." Dan raised his arm slightly to reach the top of Phil's head. He loved to run his fingers through it.

"No, but you were thinking it." Phil poked him playfully and melted into his boyfriend's chest as he felt gentle fingertips run along his scalp.

Phil thought that he caught some of Dan's natural musk. His nose wiggled like a hound.

At the risk of looking like a complete creep, Phil turned his face toward Dan's armpit. There, holding on to his fine, feathery underarm hair, was the most incredible scent. Phil bit his lip. Why did he find this so intoxicating? He fought the urge to bury his nose in the warm pocket and kiss the soft hair.

Occasionally Dan would lay back in bed with arms behind his head. Phil had seen him this way many times over the years, but the desire to lean in and taste him was new.