Chapter Two: Cyclops

Percy and Nico had separated from the other campers; letting them celebrate while they hunted the unwanted monster. "Something isn't right here..." He whisper-shouted to Nico. "Wouldn't we be able to see it by now?" He continued. Nico answered: "Must be a young one. It chose a bad place for its first hunt." He said as he continued to crouch; looking for the beast. They were approaching the ever so famous river. Percy hated it here. This was the place where Luke had betrayed Thalia, betrayed all of them. Bad memories all around. And of course there was the Cyclops furiously wiping his eye... "Wait what." Percy said aloud; finally noticing it. The Cyclops turned to Percy and Nico, it's eye widening with fear. Nico sighed and drew his blade. The beast got on both knees; waiting for their approach. "What is it doing?" He asked Nico as they walked tword the Cyclops. "P-Please! Do not kill!" It begged. Percy's eyes widened; it sounded so... Scared. "A trick. Cyclopes are well known for them." Nico said causally; lifting his blade up to the creatures head. "W-Wait! Father sent me here! No harm! No harm!" It said desperately. Nico raised his blade; and begun to slash down at the beasts head.

In a split second; Percy made a decision. He raised Riptide to meet Nicos sword. "I want to hear him out." Percy said. "Percy..." Nico semi-Growled. "We're listening to him." Percy said with finality. Nico sighed. "Fine. Don't come crying to me when it makes a swing at your head." He said; lowing his sword. Percy chuckled dryly then turned to the Cyclops. "Hi there little buddy. What's your name?" Percy asked friendliness seeping into his voice. "I am Tyson." He said scared. "Okay Tyson. What did you come here to do?" Percy asked. Tyson nervously said: "Father sent me here. Told me My brother would protect me." Percy nodded. "Well if you know who your father is; that makes things easier. Whose your dad little buddy? Well get ya to your brother." Percy said with a smile. "Father Poseidon." He said matter of factly. The smile on Percy's face disappeared; though one on Nicos did appear. "I can see the family resemblance.." Nico said with a laugh. "Shut it." Percy said embarrassed.