Chapter Twenty: A Heartwarming Betrayal

The ride back had been surprisingly smooth. Beckendorf had managed to salvage the radio from his boat and install it on the pirate ship; don't ask Percy how he did that, he had absolutely no idea. So, they had some music to accompany them on the way. During which, Percy had found a shared interest with Thalia. They both loved Skillet, Three Days Grace, and surprisingly, Rascal Flatts. Which was a bit awkward, because when a slow music came on; both Thalia and Silena asked to dance with him. Percy assumed it was because she was shy, so he suggested that maybe Silena danced with Beckendorf. Beckendorf acted reluctant, but even Percy could see that he had been waiting for an opportunity like this. For a moment, Silena looked unhappy, which Percy didn't get, but after a few seconds of dancing, her signature cutesy smile formed on her lips. So while they were doing their thing, Thalia and Percy did theirs. They were a lot less eloquent then Silena, and there were a lot more swollen feet afterwards, but they shared a fair amount of laughs. Also the fact that Nico had to dance with Tyson was a part of it.

"So, did you send her away because you wanted to dance with me?" Thalia asked.

"Well.. I mean.. You would be just as bad as me, so I wouldn't feel judged." He stated, which was factual.

"Oh really? Is that the only reason?" A content smile formed upon Thalia's lips. Percy noticed she was wearing black lip stick. That was weird, she hadn't worn makeup in the entire time he'd known her. It looked.. Good on her.

"I, Well.. I wanted to help kickstart their relationship." He whispered, and made a head nod towards Silena and Charlie.

Thalia giggled. Percy had also never seen her giggle; it had always been a hearty laugh. "Is that what you think is going on?"

"Yes? I mean-No?" He sighed. "Thals, are you okay?"

"Whatcha mean, fish lips?"

"I mean, you're acting all.. Different. I don't know how to describe it."

"Do you not like me like this?" Her voice wasn't hurt, yet it held a bit of tension to it.

"It's just.. I don't know. You're my friend Thals, I'd like you no matter what, but if you're acting all-" He had to hush his voice for this next part, "If you're acting all cutesy because I'm friends with Silena and she acts like that; please don't. I like Silena for who Silena is, and I like Thalia for who Thalia is. I wouldn't want to replace two friends for two people with one friends personality."

For a moment, Thalia was silent. Then she let out a chuckle, more like the laugh he knew. "Perce, why do you always jump to it being your fault?"

"Wha-"

"I'm not changing myself, Percy. I've just decided to.." Thalia leaned forward, and whispered in Percy's ear. "To be a little more aggressive."

Percy had very mixed feelings about what was going on right now. He was, however, not going to object to Thalia whispering in his ear. It was an electrifying sensation; and he wasn't sure if that had anything to do with her being Zeus' kid. "What does that mean?"

Thalia leaned away, and the song stopped. "You're a great friend Percy Jackson. But you are a little dim witted."

"Well yeah, I know that but-"

"Yeet."