Chapter Eight: The Race begins

"I'm not saying it has worked, I'm saying it could." Thalia groaned while she and Percy pushed the chariot, while Nico lazily sat on one of the three chairs they installed. He sat there, casually eating some chips the Hermès cabin had got him, a grin on his face.

"And I'm saying," Percy said, countering her point. "Is that every time it was tried, its failed. Russia, China- to an extent, North-" He was then interrupted by Nico, throwing a chip in Percy's open mouth.

"Goooaaaalllll!" Nico yelled victoriously, laughing as Percy chocked on the chip for a second, before eating it. Thalia also had a chuckle, but she was the one to pat Percy's back to help him cough it up. Then, after a couple coughs, Percy joined in the laughter.

After the small laughter had died down, they got back to their jobs, pushing the chariot toward the track. "Couldn't you just," Thalia sighed between breaths, "Poseidon a horse over here?" She asked, obviously tired of doing this.

"I would," Percy replied, "If Tantalus wasn't watching us like hawks for 'Almost causing the end of the world.' " Percy ended, annoyed.

"If you want, I could ask dad to chuck me down to Tartarus." Nico said, checking his nails as he sat on the seat, kicking his feet back.

"You know this would be a lot faster if you helped us?" Percy said, pushing with his back.

"I know." Nick replied.

"So?" Thalia prompted, her face sweaty from effort.

"See, that would take effort and... No I don't do that." He said, yawning.

"ο θεός Νικομ." Thalia mumbled under her breath.

"Woah Thals, keep it PG." Percy said, as they finally got to the track.

"Annnd we're here, good job team!" Nico said proudly. "Now, Perseus, If you don't mind..."

"Yeah yeah yeah..." Percy mumbled, sending a telepathic messages to a very special steed.

'Yo!' The zebra spoke in his mind.

"Eh Spot. We gonna need you for this." Percy sighed, and Spot nodded.

Tantalus gave his speech about how the precious little shi... Children were encouraged to hurt each other: which the Ares cabin seemed especially excited for.

Then, before you knew it.
3.
2.
1.
Go!

"Go team little three!" Nico yelled as they took off.

"I thought we agreed to anything but that." Thalia muttered.