Chapter Twenty One: See You Later

"You never said there would be Hell-Hounds involved!"

"I never said their wouldn't be Hell-Hounds either, did I?"

Percy opened his mouth to retort, but settled with, "Fair enough." because Thalia and Chiron were moving towards the God and the Godling.

"Now now, you're being a bit unfair to our young Hero, don't you think?" Said Hero, Percy he wouldn't tell you his middle name if you had a gun to his head Jackson, couldn't help but cringe at Chirons words. It wasn't that there was anything wrong with what he was saying, in fact; if he was trying to cut a deal for Jackson, he could go right on ahead. Percy just saw everything the man said as incredibly awkward, even if everyone else seemed either not to notice it, or not have a problem with it. Especially Thalia, who nodded enthusiastically to everything Chiron said. Though, Percy supposed she was happy to have him back. The look on her face did make Percy smile a small, toothless smile. "He was not only a part of a Quest to save our Camp, but he also fought Scylla! And single handedly brought down Medusa!"

"You what-" Thalia was cut off by the centaur, who could not seem to get enough of singing the Son of Poseidon's praises.

"Not to mention calming the mighty Charybodis, and escaping the Goddess Circe! Yes, a right Heracles we have here!" The Teacher of Heroes let out a mighty chuckle, but there was something off about it. They locked eyes a moment, and Percy could see it. Fear. Not fear for his own safety, he suspected that Chiron could take Percy quite handily. No, he feared what Percy could be. Not that the boy himself knew what that fear was, but he knew that Chiron had no reason to be afraid of him at the moment. That merely added to the suspension that had been building inside the Demi-God. Ever since the first quest he had gone on, he had thought it the tiniest bit odd that Three children of the Oldest Gods all had kids around the same time. For the Trainer of Heroes to be afraid of one of his trainees, it had to be something big. Percy's question was, why him? Chiron didn't have that look when he was talking to Thalia, or even Nico. Was he under some assumption that Percy was the strongest of the three? Because that was just straight up false. He got lucky with a couple monsters, that was it.

"Anyway.." Thalia started, because a tense silence that she didn't particularly like had enveloped the room. Except for Dionysus. He was sipping from his Diet Coke.

"Warm. You took too long." He stated dejectedly at Percy.

"Yeah cool. Anyway! Perce, we should get going. Tyson's leaving soon."

"Oh heck. Right." He turned his attention to the God for a second. "I'll do better next time." He then made a head nod to Thalia, and they booked it to the beach to see his half brother off.

A rather uneventful run later.

"Are you sure you wanna be going down there, Tyson?"

"I am sure, Brother. War is coming, I can smell it. Dad wants me to forge armors, so I will."

"So are you doing this because you think it's a good idea, or just because Poseidon told you to?"

"I act because I have to, brother. Just because the Gods want it, doesn't mean it's a bad thought."

"I've been predisposed to the Gods making pretty bad choices; Tyson."