[20%]

White room

White room.

Water.

Pair of blue eyes.

I was back here again in this disoriented world. For once, I wasn't as afraid of it. I was able to keep a clear mind. I was able to comprehend objects and shadows far more lucid than before.

"You stay alive, sweetheart, and you come find me. Got it?"

I was in a room with another person. A white room that was padded down with cushions on all four walls, ceiling, and floor. However, they weren't plush. They were rock solid, digging into my backbone. It seemed similar to a chamber you would discover in an asylum, where they would keep the mentally corrupted patients after running the desired tests. In this case, I was the subject.

It felt so much like a dream, I was so unsure if this was a reality.

"W-What about Tho-" Her words were cut off by the sound of the iron chamber door being belabored, threatening to break open.

"The plan is to send him in after you, I know that. They won't kill you off you are far too valuable. You-"

I watched his lips as the sound suddenly muted out. My eyes focused on his cracked chapped lips, embellished with translucent scruff on his upper lip and chin. I could smell the cheap brand of whiskey liquor heat my face.

"Touch has a memory, Prim...trust it."

_

The walls grinding open woke me up. It did the same for Thomas who sprung up a few hammocks down. We were quick to spot each other, finding it odd how conventionally we woke up at the exact time. Everyone was used to the sound of the walls moving, so most just slept through it.

When I checked the doors there were three figures lingering near them. Newt, to me who was easy to spot, and Minho with his formal attire. What I found odd was that Alby was with them wearing a Runners harness. I blinked just as the two ran into the Maze, Newt wandering as he stared down at them.

Why was Alby going into the Maze? It was a straightforward question that had a few sparse answers. Maybe they were running low on Runners, but I knew for a fact there was nearly ten under the occupation. So it wouldn't make any sense. What were they doing? I was too groggy to figure it out.

My heard was throbbing from the stitches, even stretching farther across the crown of my head. It was like my brain was pulsing every few seconds, pressuring against my skull like it was too big for my head. I sighed, leaning back down. I pulled over the blanket over my head, one I don't remember falling asleep with. I tried to fall back asleep. Tried.

"Prim?" Thomas was like a child at times. Once awake there was no putting him back to bed. Once curious he'll go against what you say and do it anyway. Once he wants something, or in this case wants to know something, he won't go away. I sighed, pulling back down the blanket to reveal that he standing over me. "Why's Alby going into the Maze?"