[23%]

This was where I woke up. The same cryptic corridor with murky shadows. I was surprised I was able to realize it since it blended in with every other hall. But, it was hard for me to forget it, despite not being here for an entire month. Just like I expected, no boy was here either. It really must have been a hallucination. A horrifying, vivid hallucination.

In the blue-hazed light of the Maze, the only way I was capable of seeing anything, illuminated the column. Like a beam showing a way. Under the coat of clotted ivy, I noticed small scratches on the wall. Small, tiny letters showed themselves, becoming apparent with each step closer. It was a word that was etched shakily into the stone.

'Here'

Here? What does that mean? I looked up the length of the wall, seeing the apex of the edge was empty. What does it mean by 'here'?

Sighing in despicable frustration, I leaned my head against the slab while closing my eyes. I was frustrated because I didn't know anything. I didn't know anything about my past, of who I was. I was frustrated because I wanted to leave and be free. I was frustrated because I felt self-centered. I had only been here a little over a month, while these poor boys had been hearing over three years. I was frustrated because none of this was fair!

I want to go home.

I slammed my hand against the wall in anger, attempting to scream it all away.

_

"The plan is to send him in after you, I know that. They won't kill you off you are far too valuable. They're going to implant a facial recognition in the grievers so they can't get you."

"H-He comes first. He has to survive-you have to promise me!" The flowery tonality of that voice, I realized, was my own.

"You're job is to get as many people out as possible! Doesn't matter how many, just as many as possible, and I swear to god if you make a stupid move just to protect your little teapot I'm gonna beat your ass!"

"Remember, your touch as a memory. Your brain isn't as fancy as you think, but it's enough."

~

"Something's wrong."

"What's happening?"

"Her brain activity is spastic, it's breaking through."

"That's not possible!"

"Shut it down. I said shut it down!"
~

"You have to stay alive, understand? You have to stay alive!"

I was thrown into a tank of water, forced to stay submerged. The rat man's figure materialized from the ripples in the liquid wall, watching as I screamed and banged my fists upon the glass.

"Don't forget me!"

-

I gasped as I seized my hand from the wall.

Touch. Touch has a memory?

It seems like the definition of it was simple, but I could never be more confused. The man said my touch has a memory.

"Prim!" A force ran into me, hands locking down on my biceps to keep me from running away. After a blur, I focused on familiar eyes. It was Minho, who was surprisingly in good condition. Not a scratch of blood on him. His face was contoured with dirt and sweat, his breaths uneven. But he smiled. "I thought you'd be here."

I wisped out a sigh of relief, thankful to see he was still standing. Then I realized how he ditched us in our most desperate and crucial moment, so I slapped him across the face. A lot harder than I usually do.