[27%]

Banish Alby

Banish Alby.

That's what was brought to the table for discussion. Banish him just like they banished Ben. I had to sit there in the corner of the homestead where I once sat, attempting to distract myself by writing in my journal. Gally sat on the dusty carved bleachers while discussing it over with Newt and the Med-Jacks.

"Honestly I don't know why we're talking about this. We don't have a choice." My eyes hovered in Newt's direction. He pushed himself up from the pole used to hold the roof of the homestead with his head low deep in thought. "If Alby was here, you know he'd agree with me."

I shook my head, diverting my attention.

"Clint, Jeff how's he doin'?"

"It's bad..." All their voices sounded so weak and drained. They had been working so hard over these past few days. "It's getting worse."

I wished there was something I could do. I felt so powerless and wasteful. Like I was just some unwanted package delivered to them to take up space.

"Alright...um," Newt's arm faltered to his side. "Just keep an eye on him, yeah? Thanks."

Gingerly I rubbed at the dent of the back of my head. Another headache had rebounded. Only this time it mostly circulated around the nape more than the front. It was similar to a growing pain you would get when your bones grew as a little kid. Or than unbearable incommodious ache you would get in your joints you could never get rid off. It wouldn't go away no matter how much I massaged at it.

A crack snapped through the building. I looked up seeing a parade of familiar faces. Minho led the group, his face contorted in anger as they landed on Gally who stood as soon as he recognized him.

"Oh, it's nice of you to join us. You boys enjoy your little field trip?"

"What the hell, Gally. You think you can hold a keeper meeting without us?" Minho's voice was brimming with frustration as his eyes burned holes through Gally's head. Fry, Winston, and Zart were all right with him seeming exhausted from their escapade through the Maze. It was a relief to see them all back in one piece.

"Last time I checked the Greenie wasn't a keeper. You mind waiting outside?" Gally aggressively gestured for him to leave.

"He stays." Minho retaliated. Instantly his eyes found me as I sat on one of the metal tins lining the walls of the council hall. "What's Prim doing here?" Gally's brows raised as he glanced over at me, gesturing for me to go ahead and explain.

"Wanna show them your little magic trick?"

"That's enough." Newt seethed, eyes growing dark. He had grown far more irritable after their blunder in the Med-Jacks hut. I knew Newt's patience was running on thin ice. Placing his hands on his hips, he addressed the problem to Minho and the others. "Prim's stitches are healed."