[24%]

Sitting by the wall was what I did best. Everyone knew where to find me if they needed anything. No one questioned me when I made my way over there. So of course since it was so easy to find me, it didn't take Newt long for him to make his way over. He had to help Alby get situated into the Med-Jack hut before he was able to come talk to me.

He was soundless when he walked, so I didn't really notice him till he was a few feet away. He was livid, and he wasn't worried about hiding it either.

"Are you insane!? What made you even think that was a good idea?!" He snapped furiously.

It wasn't a fair fight since I couldn't exactly redeem myself, and I realized I didn't like Newt's heated words directed at me.

"Did you not hear me when I said it's dangerous to go out there!" I didn't have my book, so there was no way to respond with apologies. I hung my head, twitching my nose at the itch the breeze tickled. I heard him sigh, sitting directly in front of me.

"You can't just-" I was startled when I heard his voice crack. "You can't just go out there a-and risk your life on a whim, Prim I-!" He stopped short when I let out a small airy giggle. He groaned, rolling his eyes. "What. What are you laughing at."

It rhymed. And to be fair, the more I watched him rise with anger the more how I couldn't help but blush how attractive he was.

I reached into my front pocket out of instinct, noticing once again my journal wasn't there. Newt sighed, flipping up the cover of his satchel before digging through it. My eyebrows furrowed as he pulled out my journal and pencil, setting them on my lap.

He kept silent as I stared at him deeply. He must have grabbed it sometime during the night. I remember leaving it on my hammock.

"Why did you have my book?" I saw his throat bob as he found the bleached dried grass more enticing than my question. He shook his head, running his fingers through the moistened sweat temples of his hair.

"I was scared, alright?" His voice cracked. "I had never been more afraid than when you ran in there. And I don't know why, okay, because I've never ...." His voice dwindled along with his eyes, nervously rubbing against the corner of his eye.

I was stunned, setting down my notebook to my left side as he came to my right.

Reaching down, I cradled his wrist between my hands. I felt his heartbeat which I sure enough worried I would never feel or hear again. The heartbeat that was warm, and fluttered like a birds wing.

It set me at ease. The angst that circuited trough my nerves settled once I felt something familiar. He breathed at the touch of my fingers. I heard his lurid heart once again in my head.

"Please," I looked up. His coffee eyes were pleading. "Just don't do that again. Ever."

I searched between his eyes. He was holding an emotion I've seen before, but can't recall where. It was soft and doughy, something deeper, something warmer. He came closer, and I was at a loss for what to do. It was like he baked me into another spell only he could cast. But I found myself leaning in too because this was a spell I was utterly exhilarated to be under. His mocha eyes lingered on my lips, his breath tickling my nose.

"Are we interrupting something?"

We recoiled back from each other as fast as a blink. Minho jogged over with Thomas alongside him, a brood on his face. Newt opened and closed his mouth, flustered, and didn't respond as quickly as I had expected. I nervously fidgeted with my fingers.

Minho raised a brow at me, a small knowing smirk on his lips.

"Gally's holding a keeper meeting."