[25%]

I watched Newt's back as we ducked into the Med-Jack hut

I watched Newt's back as we ducked into the Med-Jack hut. He's been stoic ever since we've come back. It was easy to tell when he was stressed or worried. Ironically, he wouldn't show as much expression like most would. He would keep on a placid mask so he could make sure everyone would stay put together. I didn't know how I could see past it. It was a characteristic I admired him for, but also something I worried over.

I heard painful pants coming from another room. I glanced to my right to see Alby who was laid tied down to a cot. His arms and feet were bound with rope that banned together on the branches constructing the bed. He looked similar to Ben, black spider-like veins sprawling crossed his exposed chest. He was unconscious despite pulling himself against the restrains in utter misery.

"Jeff, what's going on? What's the matter with her, why won't she wake up?" I sighed at the questions Newt fired at the Med-Jack. The girl was still unresponsive laying down on the cot I once occupied before.

"Hey man, I got my job the same way you did." I stared at her deep in thought. She said Thomas's name so she must remember something, right?  Or perhaps an impulse?

Newt crossed his arms, gradually shifting his head to look over at Thomas who was staring at her longingly. It was like he was trying himself to see if he would remember her. He was trying to figure her out just like I was.

"D'you recognize her?" Newt pried. Thomas shook his head, his eyes faltering.

"No."

"Really 'cause she seemed to recognize you." A small pause filled the room.

"What about the note?" Thomas asked.

"We'll worry about the note later."

"I think you should worry about it now." Newt glowered over his shoulder, his forearms flexing as he turned his body.

"We've got enough to deal with at the moment." He retorted, eyes stern.

"He's right, Newt," Jeff interjected. Jeff on the daily usually had to deal with the stress of worry for the others. He was their only medical unit besides Clint, and they were no different than any other boy here. It hurt to see Jeff look so worn down. "The Box isn't coming back up. How long you think we can last?"

"No one said that." Newt smiled it off, shaking his head. "Let's not jump to any conclusions we just-- we just wait till she wakes up and see what she knows." I sighed, looking down at her.

It fell silent in the room, but my mind grew louder. A sudden pulsation of pain waved through my head. These headaches have become more constant, it was slowly beginning to drive me mad. I usually told myself it was the cause of the stitches.

I took a step back to leave the room and get a breath of fresh air. It began to feel stuffy and humid, it wasn't helping. Before I could leave, it was made apparent someone wanted me to stay. A hand fastened on my wrist, pulling me down.