Chapter Seven

"Mom! I'm taking Coco out for a walk!", I said, putting my sandals on.

"With who?", she said, smiling to herself.

"Myself.", I grumbled.

She laughed. "Sure you don't need company?"

"I'm fine, thanks.", I said, knowing what this was leading to. She chuckled.

"When will you be back?", she yelled.

"An hour!", I yelled back, walking as Coco followed.

---

My hair flew all over as the breeze hit my face. I watched Coco as he ran in circles, causing the sand to blow all over. I looked to my right as the sun began to rise. It was beautiful. It was -

"AAHHHHH!", I screamed. Coco stopped running and looked at me. Someone pushed me. My nerves took control of me as I turned around.

"Nicole!"

"Oh it's you.", I said, looking at none other than Jasmine Stan.

She laughed. "Of course, who else would it be?"

I shrugged. "I don't know. Maybe Bru--"

I stopped when her voice interrupted. 

"Oh my god. Is that...your dog?", she said, walking closer to Coco. 

I smiled. "Yeah. I gue--"

"He's so cute!", she squealed, dropping on to the sand, letting Coco lick her all over. 

"Aw...aren't you a little boo? You little cutie pattooti pie", she said, moving her fingers behind his ears. He seemed to like that. She looked at me. "What's his name?"

"Coco"

She squealed again and went back to her private one-way conversation with Coco.

I laughed.

That went on for a few minutes. 

She got up, dusting her tracks from the sand.

"Wanna make a movie?", she said, looking at me.

"It's about time", I grumbled. She laughed as we walked our way with Coco behind us. 

"Oh yeah. I almost forgot. What happened at lunch? People were talking about it everywhere, school...Facebook...Twitter...", she said.

"At lunch? What hap--Oh that. At lunch...", I said. I paused and started the whole story. From the start till the end. 

After I was done, she clenched her fists. 

"That jerk. Stay away from him.", she warned.

I laughed nervously. "Yeah. I've heard"

We were quiet for a few minutes, until a thought had started to recurr. 

"Hey Jasmine?"

"Mm hmm?"

"Where were you at lunch yesterday?"

She paused and knelt her head. "Do I have to tell you?" I could see her slightly smile. I nodded, pretending to look all sophisticated and serious.

She sighed. "Detention."

"At lunch?" That was surprising. 

"Yeah. According to Ms.Collins...", she put on a fake English accent, "Lunch is the most precise time to order punishment.". She made a disgusted face. I laughed. 

We talked while walking, as Coco fell asleep, cupped in my arms. 

Yep, it wasn't really like walking a dog, was it?

I was in the middle of telling Jasmine about this one time, when I thought I was buying a concert ticket, but instead, bought a bus ticket to Phillsworth, when I felt someone grip my shoulders. 

"Well who'd have thought to find you here?" Of course, it was Bruce. 

I knocked him off of me and took a few steps backward. 

He snickered. "Where's your boyfriend to save you now?"

He stepped forward and I backed away. Jasmine stepped infront of me. 

"Dare you touch her.", she said sternly.

He laughed. "Why? You want me to want you too?"

He stepped forward and both of us backed. 

"Two chicks in a morning!", he explained, stretching his arms out. 

I started to creep out. We were helpless. Until...

"BACK OFF YOU FREAK!"

We turned around and saw him a few feet away from us. We ran to him. 

"Thank you. Thank you so much for being here.", I breathed. He gave us two one-armed hugs and gently pushed us away as he moved forward. 

Bruce laughed as he saw him. 

"Austin's follower, aren't you?", he chuckled. 

Zac growled and moved closer. 

"Get away from here", Zac hissed. He was only a few inches away from Bruce now. 

Zac clenched his fists. "Get away from here before I beat you up."

Bruce smirked and backed slightly. His eyes flickered to me and he smiled sneakily. 

"I'll get you some other time."

With that, he turned around and jogged his way. We watched him leave until he was out of sight. Zac let out a breath and looked at us, to see my eyes welled up out of fear. 

"Hey...hey...don't cry. It's alright. He's gone...", he said, patting my back reassuringly. 

I wiped my tears. I was safe. Nothing to cry about.

Three of us walked around and talked. I could feel Coco's stomach grumble against my arms and figured it was time to leave.

I began to walk towards my house when I heard Zac yell.

"NICOLE! STAY SAFE!"

Now where did I hear that before?

---

"How did the walk go?"

I shrugged. No way was I telling her about Bruce. Atleast not now. "Fine. I guess..."

"Did you see anyone?"

"Yeah...Zac and Jasmine..."

My mom turned around and widened her eyes. "Is Zac the boy you were with yesterday?" 

"What? No! That was Austin."

My mom's smile just started to grow even more. "The guy you met the day we moved?"

I nodded and looked out the window. I could see my mom cheekily smile. I looked at her.

"What?"

"Nothing hon. Do you want breakfast?"

"Yes please. Coco too."

---

That's it for now. Not much of a cliffhanger, but will update real quick. 

Like in ten minutes. :P