Chapter Thirteen

The Day of the Dance

"You sure I should tell Austin?", I said, as my two best friends began to curl my sleek hair.

"Don't talk ; your curls will go all out of place", Kristi said, as she held my hair tight and Jasmine gently curled it with the curler.

I let out a breath.

I just had to wait and see.

"There....all done.", Kristi said, looking at my reflection in the mirror.

"They look like grapes", I said, touching one of them and watching them bounce briefly.

Jasmine rose her eyebrows. "Seriously? Really Nicole?"

We laughed.

"Alright then, let's get going Kris?", Jasmine said. She looked at me. "Meet us at our usual spot. Sharp at six. Okay?"

I let out another breath and nodded.

"See you at six!", Kristi yelled, as they walked out of the room.

"Don't touch the hair for another hour!"

"If you forget that necklace..."

"Remember the heels!"

"Careful while walking!"

I rolled my eyes as the two began to shout out pieces of advice.

I wasn't that stupid.

Pshhhh.

I looked at myself in the mirror to see my once-normal, ordinary reflection change into an unrecognizable, beautiful image.

There stood my reflection, dressed in a beautiful strapless white ball gown that draped down till the floor. A gorgeous white flower was stiched to the front, with which I fiddled around with. 

I adjusted the layers of the gown and looked back at myself in the mirror.

I had one last final touch up to make the dress look even beautiful.

I opened the top drawer and gingerly took the necklace in my hands.

I hooked it around my neck.

I looked at the word it read, over and over again.

Forever.

I didn't realize how long I had been standing there, until I heard a knock on my door.

It was my mom.

She looked at me for a moment, into my eyes and I looked back at her as her eyes began to water.

"You're...you're beautiful honey...", she whispered.

I shrugged my shoulders slightly and cracked a smile. She kept looking at me and she smiled too.

"I'm proud of you hon", she said, as she patted my back and brought me closer into a ginger hug. "Go...go make this the best night of your life..."

"Thanks mom. I love you", I said, as I pulled away from her.

I walked over to the cabinet and put on the high heels that I had borrowed from Kristi and was about to make a move when my mom hit her forehead and said, "I almost forgot!"

I looked at her and she looked at me.

"A picture!"

I groaned.

She chuckled. "It's your first dance hon! Cheer up!"

With that, she went to get the camera and started the 'photo shoot'.

"If only Austin was in those...", I thought.

"Austin will be in those pictures from tonight!", my mom squealed.

I looked at her.

Well that was weird.

I walked over to the spot where we were supposed to meet at six...the cabana by the beach. 

And within a few seconds, I could see the two people I've been looking for. And as usual, Kristi was there going on about something to Jazz.

"Um...you guys?"

They startled at my voice and looked at me almost simultaneously.

"Oh. My. God. Dude. You're beautiful", Jasmine said, as I paced towards them.

"And a guy would be crazy not to like you"

I placed a strand of my curled hair behind my ear. "You think so?"

"I know so"

I laughed. "You guys look amazing too"

They smiled. 

"Well...let's get going? Someone's probably waiting there for you Nicole...", Kristi winked.

I flushed. "KRISTI!"

Jasmine laughed and so did Kristi. "Come on. Let's go", Jazz said, as we walked our way and got into Kristi's car.

I crossed my fingers throughout the ride.

Hoping that things would be in my favor.

Hoping that Austin felt the same way.

Hoping that things would turn out just right.

---

Well...how was this chapter?

I hope you liked it!

And I apologize for all this late update! It's been way too late, I understand!

What I was planning to do, was make my chapters slightly longer than the usual chapters I write. But you must understand that I first write down my chapters and problem is, the Wattpad pages are huge. So theoretically, three of my Mead notebook pages account to one Wattpad page :\

But anywho, I'll try making longer chapters!

And I was re-reading my story, and I realized that they should be edited...majorly.

So I'll work on that today and if you want to, you could probably re-read it tomorrow :)

There'll be few changes here and there (:

And...I'll try updating today! I have to make it up to y'all!

Thank you for all the support!

Please do comment/vote/fan!