The apple tree

The devil vanished the second jack let him off the chair. Jack got his happy life back......another long and happy 14 years.

         After 14 years, the devil came back. This time, the devil was extra careful. He dragged jack out without a word. When they got out of jack's house, the devil was pleased. He knew jack had no way out now.

       As they were going across the house' front yard, jack stopped and looked at the luscious red fruits on his tree. The devil growled at jack and yelled,"NOW What..!!???". He glared at jack and found him staring at a tree.

     Jack met the devil's steely glare and said,"It's probably gonna be long trip to hell right...... Wouldn't hurt if we took some of these apples as a snack for the road.....?".

    The devil thought for a moment and looked at the apples. He looked at them with eyes full of greed and grabbed one. Almost immediately, yet again, he was stuck to the tree. Jack started laughing till he had tears in his eyes as the devil struggled and growled and screamed.

     After jack had his fun, he said, in a matter of fact tone,"Well....... You know the drill....... Give me another 14 years and I'll set you free....".

The devil  said feebly," I'll do whatever you want......".  Jack set him free. As soon as he was free, the devil growled at jack," You backstabber...... You got me this time..... But the next time will be the last.........!!!".

Jack replied,"I guess you'll have to wait....... See ya....", with the usual smirk on his face.....

The devil screamed at jack, a desperate and futile attempt to scare him,as he vanished. Jack yawned and said,"Maybe next time, I'll try to act scared...... You really need to work on the way you scare, man". The last thing jack saw was the devil's steely glare.....