The Tree

"OMG SHIT FACE WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING WITH EVAN HANSEN? Are you okay Evan? Is he kidnapping you? BLINK THREE TIMES FOR YES!" Zoe Murphy ran towards, shouting at the top of her lungs. Evan hid behind Connor slightly, anxiously sipping on his boba.

"No, what the hell Zoe? Me and Evan were just going on a walk!"
"Yeh cos you two sure are BFF's as we all know?"
"Piss off we started talking a couple days ago and I suggested we meet up."
"Yeh right. Who should I call? Local mental institution or the police department?"
"WHAT THE FUCK ZOE THAT'S WAY OUT OF LINE! MAKING A JOKE LIKE THAT! ME AND EVAN ARE LEAVING NOW, GOOD DAY!"
"Are you sure about that?" Connor glanced around to see Evan missing, the shouting probably scared him. He scolded himself for not thinking, or indeed realising Evan had left.
"I said good day,"

Connor ran off to go find Evan. He had to search a little while but eventually found Evan looking up at a tree with a vacant look in his eye. The tree was big- probably the biggest in the park. There was some caution tape in the lower branches fluttering in the wind, wind that made the whole tree heave.

Connor walked towards Evan and picked up his hand. A single tear shone on Evan's face. Connor began to apologise and Evan began to cry. Connor began to comfort and Evan began to explain. Connor tried to apologise again, "I shouldn't have brought you here-" "all my fault-" "I didn't think this through-" maybe his words got lost in the wind, maybe they never reached Evan, maybe they did but Evan wasn't there to hear them.

Connor sighed, "Come on, let's go to your house Evan." Evan slowly nodded eyes still fixed to the tree. He looked so small next to that huge tree.

Evan and Connor walked home. Evan stifled his silent sobs.