Home.

Connor drove to school, he didn't pick up Evan but as soon as he reached school he shot the other boy a text telling him to meet him by his locker.

The two boys met up, anyone would've thought that they haven't seen each other in years. To them it did feel that way.

"Hiya Evan!"
"Who says 'Hiya'?"
"Everybody ever."
"Gay nerd."
"Says the one with a tree fetish."
Evan pouted.

The whole day passed with banta like that until- "The faggot scum finally got a boyfriend I see. Who'd of thought? Two kids who couldn't even kill themselves properly think they can have a relationship. Sounds like a sitcom 'The druggo prince and the gay pauper'. I can see it now." Cheeks heated, anger burned and Connor Murphy exploded.

"YOU KNOW WHAT? SHUT THE FUCK UP!"
"Or what Murphy!? What you going to do you lil' bitch? WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO ABOUT IT PUSSY?"
The light behind Connors eye went from a flicker to a flame. A flame that then set alight a bonfire of passion and rage.

The world blurred at the edges and Connor lost it. He punched the boy bloody, until he passed out. Elbowed one of the bullies cronies in the head and kicked the other one in the nuts. He shouted his face red. Tears streaked from his eyes.

Evan watched horrified. He didn't understand how Connor went from nice and sweet one minute to full hulk the next. Like it wasn't like he hadn't seen Connor this way before but... and that's when Evan's breathing stopped. It was always like this when he panicked. For a lot of people the panic stopped them from breathing but for Evan it had never been like that. It's kind of like when you're worried and hold your breath... but not like that at all.

Then the shaking started, tremors racking his body. So many people. So much noise. And he was in his head again- silently screaming. Stop! Stop! Stop! He curled up into a ball; I can't- I can't- I can't-. His vision blurred with tears and tunnelled with fear. No, stop! Stop! No, stop! He had to get out of there. To leave. The bathroom. The bathroom was safe.

He managed to get to the bathroom, how? He couldn't remember. It felt like it had taken years though. Maybe he crawled? He couldn't remember. His breathing was no longer erratic but it wasn't back to normal either, it was just laboured- heavy. Then Connor walked into the bathroom. He saw Evan and he spoke, his words blurred- to Evan at least.

The noise just made Evan panic more that was until something changed. Soft. Warm. Gentle. Connor's lips on his. Safe.
"I'm so sorry... for every thing. For kissing you. For- for- everything. Being angry, making you upset. All of it. I have this thing called IED and it pretty much means I have explosive fits of anger. I've gone to therapy and school councillors and stuff but it always just makes it worse. And now my sisters scared of me, my mom doesn't look at me the same and my dad doesn't try. And I like you Evan like a lot. But I know from your texts that you have a crush on some guy and- I'm sorry."
"It's... I-It's okay. Yeh. And I like you too. Like, like like you? You're like the guy I was talking about and that's why you were in my letter and stuff. And yeh. Can- can we kiss again giraffe?"

Home.

[A/N THANKS SO MUCH FOR 1K IT'S INSANE! I figured it was time to finally make treebros happen.]