Mr.Heere

[A/N: Sorry for lack of updates, I swear I have legit reasons. Like sleeping, watching James Charles videos and Ned's declassified school survival guide (kidding but only kinda).

This chapter does centre quite heavily around be more chill but you really don't need to have watched/ listened to it. There are no major spoilers, there may be more bmc references than a regular part. Also and not nearly as relevant, I totally have a head canon that Evan lives in a bungalow but I didn't include it, I have regrets.]

Evan nervously came down the stairs. He began tugging on the edge of his shirt as he entered the dining room. He had to admit the food smelt really good, it made him regret the lack of home cooking in his life. His Mom had made lasagna with garlic bread.
"Honey can you lay the table?"
"Sure."

And before he knew it the Heere's had arrived to delicious smelling food and a beautifully laid table. Paul was pretty tall and looked slightly intimidating but he had a kind face. Jeremy had pretty much the opposite figure of his dad, he was a complete bean pole and slightly short, he was also astonishingly pale.

"Paul!" His Mom greeted with a kiss on the cheek. "And you must be Jeremy!" She went in for a hug which ended up more awkward than you could possibly imagine. "Oh! I can't believe I almost forgot, this is Evan." She pointed at him smiling. To which he gave an awkward wave.
"Hi." It came out chocked and flustered. Great, now they were going to think he was a total weirdo. If they didn't already that is. He must be the only teenager ever to wear polo shirt and khaki pants by choice. God he was weird. And what about the gay thing. That's not not normal but it isn't exactly something everyone is entirely 'cool cool' with. Now they were all looking at him. Oh my god. Evan's eyes began to heat up and his vision blurred.

"I-I need the bathroom." He ran off. Awesome, Wow, his mom could take the opportunity to explain to them all how he's a social anxious mess. It normally wasn't this bad to be fair.

He could hear laughter from down stairs and almost imagine the conversation.
'He can't even order a pizza over the phone.'
'Hahaha, how utterly ridiculous! What a disappointment he must be!'
'So much of a disappointment his father left! Hahaha!'
His breath hitched an then sped up. You're over thinking this Evan. Stop. Calm down.

He splashed some water in his face, and was in a better place almost instantly. He grabbed out his phone, hating how his hands made the screen wet because they still had water on, and texted Connor.

~

:TreeHugger
Hi, text me back when you get this.

~

With that he took a deep breath and went down into the dining room to find them all sat around the table looking like a nice fully functioning well rounded family. Nice to reinforce the already apparent knowledge that they don't need him. Nice.

"Hi, sorry about that."
"No need to apologise son." Paul piped up."
"Why don't you take a seat?" His mom gestured.
Evan slipped down low into his seat. His mom began to serve up the steaming pasta dish.
"So tell me a bit about yourself Jeremy." Heidi said as she set down the heavily laden plate. Jeremy got paler.

"Umm... I don't really know. There's not much to say. I like out of print games and retro skates. Hanging out with my bf Micheal. Uhh... movies. I have a tattoo of pac man. Actually did you know that the original name for Pac-Man was 'Puck-Man'? You'd think it was because he looks like a hockey puck but actually it comes from the Japanese phrase 'paku-paku,' which means to flap one's mouth open and closed. They changed it because they thought 'Puck-Man' would be too easy to vandalise, you know, scratch out the 'P' and change it for an 'F'or whatever."
Wow. Bf? Like boyfriend? Or like best friend? And that's a lot of rambling. Maybe he wasn't alone in this.

"What about you Evan?" Mr Heere asked.
"I-I like musicals. Actually just earlier today I watched Hamilton on broadway with my boyfriend. I also like movies and tv shows a lot. I like trees, like a lot. You'd think they wouldn't be that interesting but eh. You know? I like bobba tea. And dogs. Dogs are nice. Oh! And cartoons." Wow well done Evan, way to sound chill.
"Well that's nice, I wonder if you and Jeremy like the same movies."
"Well, I recognise where the whole monologue he just recited.-" Evan turned to Jeremy, "- Also Edgar Wright is the best. Hot Fuzz is the best Cornetto, don't fight it."
"Oh... okay." said Paul confused.

Evan was the next to be served and when they started it was delicious. Heidi and Paul were engaged in conversation about the food. Evan turned to see Jeremy wolfing down garlic bread.
"Bread makes you fat." Evan told him. Jeremy laughed, "You can't seriously think Hot Fuzz is the best of the Cornetto trilogy. It's obviously Shaun of the Dead."
"How is it obviously Shaun of the Dead?"
"It has everything, gore, comedy, a fight scene to music, great acting and zombie Nick Frost. What more could you want?"
"I feel like we'll never agree, so I'll change the subject. Favourite Comic film, Edgar Wright ones are disqualified. Ant-man is included in that."
"Umm... in terms of how much I enjoyed it probably Deadpool. It terms of what's best movie wise, Logan. But First Avenger and Toby McGuire Spider-man have a special place in my heart."
"Wow, only Marvel. I mean I pretty much agree. But whatever. Favourite Spider-man?"
"Original cartoon series,"
"Oooh, you're good. Fave Batman? Animated series doesn't count."
"Micheal Keaton."
"Best StarWars?"
"Not Rouge One. Umm... I mean Empire's good but I loved Last Jedi."
"Really? Ewww. And the best StarWars film is Spaceballs directed by Mell Brooks."
"Ooooh, you're good."
At this point both of them were grinning stupidly. This is what it feels like to 'Click' with someone. The rest of the conversation traversed DC movies, social anxiety and the best obscure mobile game (Jeremy's vote was with 'Chiki's Chase'. Evan's with 'Robot unicorn attack 2'. They reached the conclusion of 'Dan the Man' not obscure but brilliant.) By the end of the evening they had each other's phone number and a new fourth favourite person (although there was little competition). And they'd both decided that maybe a step-brother wasn't so bad.

Evan still didn't know what kind of 'bf' Micheal was though.

[A/N: Do you want boyf riends or not? Also I know, I haven't really taken into account continuity as Evan clearly has watched bmc etc etc. My explanation? I guess this au's version of bmc characters have different appearances and surnames. Hope you enjoyed! Again I apologise for the delay.]