Cuddles + Cocoons

"One large veggie pizza please,"
Evan looked at Connor intensely as the other boy ordered a pizza. It was a curious look, but also a look of awe and admiration. Soon the brunette had hung up the phone and sat down next to Evan.

"S-So do you wanna like watch a movie, or uh play video games?"
"Um... I don't really mind."
"Uh, um well I don't really mind either."
"You okay with like a movie then?" Connor asked eager to end the awkward conversation.
"Yeh sure?- yes sure, I'll go get my dvd's. We're peasants so we don't have Netflix and unless you wanna watch one of my mum's films your stuck with my selection."
"Fine by me Ev,"

Evan ran out of the room and quickly returned with a stack of dvds.
"Um, so I have like animated films like Disney, Pixar and Studio Ghibli if you know them. Then I've got quite a lot of like superhero movies, mostly Marvel. Then Harry Potter, Indiana Jones and Over the Garden Wall." Evan placed the discs on the table as he listed them
"Wow that's a large selection, what's over the garden wall?
Evan gasped "OKAY FILM NERD WE'RE WATCHING IT NO 'IF'S OR 'BUT'S."
"On two conditions; Number one, I pick next time we watch a film. Two, you explain what this thing actually is."
"Okay fine you pick next time and it's an animated tv series. It's really short like the whole thing is under two hours so we can totally watch it."
"Cool cool. NOW WE NEED SNACKS AND BLANKETS!"
"I couldn't agree more."

The two boys were soon snuggled up in a blanket cocoon, munching on Cheetos, dry cereal and rainbow twizzlers. As the cartoon played on screen.
"This is the life." Connor breathed.
"It's a wonderful life." Connor lifted his hand from where it had been pressed into Evan's side to playfully punch the other boy.
"Meanie,"
"Dork." Connor stuck out his tongue.

"Gay," Evan responded
"Gayer," Connor said cockily
"Gay- gayest."
"That's not a word."
"You're not a word,"
"You've got me there boyf."
The boys conversation was cut across by the door bell ringing.
"I guess I'm getting that?" Evan nodded.
"Ugh, but I'm so comfy!" Evan shrugged still absorbed in the cartoon.
"Parting is such sweet sorrow, my love." That line earned Connor a confused sideways glance from Evan.

Connor stood up and lunged for the remote, pausing the TV.
"You have to keep hugging me as I get the pizza, because it's cold and you're my human hot water bottle Hansen."
Evan just gave him a sleepy nod and stood up wrapping the blanket around both of them as he enveloped Connor into a hug.

The pair waddled towards the door.
"Okay, you're doing an awesome job of keeping me warm but you need to un-koala while I grab the pizza."
"Ugh- Um- Erm..."
"Evan I can't hear you when your taking into my hoodie." Evan unfurled himself from the taller boy, in turn taking the blanket and adopting a caterpillar like look. A damn cute caterpillar like look according to a certain Connor Murphy.
"Okay," Evan said subdued and shuffled back to the living room.

Connor opened up the door and quickly paid and thanked the pizza man, eager to get back to Evan. He walked in the living room to see Evan asleep on the couch.
"Fuck you Ev, it's only like six o'clock and I left you for under five minutes..." Connor sighed when he didn't get a response from the sleeping mass.

Heidi walked in at 11 pm to find her son and a random brunette intertwined as well as an uneaten veggie pizza in the fridge.

~~~

Mom:
Hey sweetie!
I had an earlier shift today and didn't want to wake you and the guy you were with up. Who is the guy you were with? Just asking, of course it's great that you've made a friend.

Lots of love,

Mom x