The First Day

Evelyn was awoken early in the morning by Hermione, who simply pointed toward Evelyn's bed, where her school uniform was laid for her. And that was how Evelyn and Hermione ended up sitting at the Gryffindor table at 7:40 am. But they weren't the only ones there, as Lorenzo Berkshire sat with Theodore Nott across the hallway at the Slytherin table. Elizabeth Walker seemed to be conversing with her sister and a girl Evelyn had never seen before. And Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff were having a debate at the Ravenclaw table.

"Here are your class timetables, Ms. Stone and Ms. Granger," Professor McGonagall spoke as she handed the two first-year their schedule. The older witch then gave the two girls a small smile before walking off towards the Gryffindor second-year student walking into the Great Hall. "Ah, Mr. Cooper."

"Can I see your timetable?"

Hermione asked, though; Evelyn wasn't listening as her mind was whirling back to her dream last night. Who the hell was Cassian, and why was he in her dreams. Where they even dreams? Evelyn couldn't decipher anymore.

"Earth to Evelyn?" Hermione spoke again, waving her timetable in front of Evelyn's face. Evelyn blinked as her eyes refocused on the frizzy-haired Gryffindor. "Can I see your timetable?"

"Oh yeah, sure."

Hermione's eyes scanned the two, and a smile surfaced on her face once she was done.

"We have the same classes." Evelyn's mind again was somewhere else, and another wave in front of her face made Evelyn try to stop thinking about her dream.

"I'm so sorry; I've just been distracted."

"What's up?" Hermione asked in curiosity, and Evelyn thought about how wise this decision could or could not be. Screw it, Evelyn thought as her eyes fell back onto Hermione's gaze.

"I had a weird dream last night; it was strange, felt too real...." Evelyn began as she tried to find the correct words for what she would say next. "I think they mean something, but I just can't grasp my head around what, especially as my dream ends before I could get any real information."

"So, what are you going to do next?"

"I think I'll just look for something to help me at the library."

"You want my help?"

"Sure," Evelyn said with a smile as Ron and Harry finally managed to walk into the room. And as Evelyn looked around, she noticed that every table was almost filled.

"Hey, Evie," Fred began as he and George stood behind Evelyn. "Any interesting news?"

"What are you implying?"

Ron asked skeptically as he and Harry filled the seats in front of Evelyn and Hermione.

"Were we asking you?" George asked as Fred tutted as he placed his hands against the wood of the Great Hall tables.

"No manner, I tell you, George, " Fred said with faux disappointment. "Mum would be disappointed about you."

"Are you two seriously seeing if these four first-years know anything about the prank in the train bathroom?"

A boy asked. He looked amused as his hair turned turquoise blue before turning back to his usual dark brown hair.

"We want to know who caused the toilets to shoot out water!" Fred said irritably as Hermione let out a small laugh that Fred and George seemed to spot.

"You know something," George asked the brunette girl as Hermione seemed to shrink into her seat. "Who did this prank?'

"You two are not going to hassle these first-years, and no, Fred, I do not care that ones your brother, move."