The Stone Family

The first week of school seemed to fly by quickly, at least to Evelyn, as she groaned against the book she was reading. She had been in the library every day, and even with Hermione's help, she couldn't find anything connected to her dreams.

"This is hopeless."

Evelyn complained as she watched Hermione roll her eyes as she continued to read.

"Well, it would help if we could look into the restricted section."

Hermione muttered as Evelyn's eyes fell towards the bookshelves that held chains across its opening. Her eyes then fell towards Clarke Jean, who seemed to be joking with two other Ravenclaws. She would never admit it, but she definitely chose this seat for a reason, as she admired the older Ravenclaw.

"Hey, Eve, Hermione," Opal's voice had Evelyn turned towards the blonde Hufflepuff. She stood with a brunette on her right, books clasped in their arms. She pointed towards the brunette. "This is Ciara Jean. She's in our year. I know you already know her, Hermione, but I didn't know if Eve did?"

"It's really lovely to meet you. I'm Evelyn."

Evelyn said with a smile, holding out a hand and appreciating the break from her studying. She swore she was going to hit her head against a wall. Ciara had a tightlipped smile as she cautiously shook Evelyn's hand.

"It's nice to meet you two; I've heard a lot about you."

"Can we sit here?" Opal asked as she placed a reassuring hand onto Ciara's shoulder gently. "Is that okay with you, C?"

"Fine," Ciara said as she sat beside Hermione. Opal smiled as she sat next to Evelyn. "What are you two studying anyways?" Ciara asked curiously as she looked at Hermione's book. She was currently reading Hogwarts: A History.

"Eve?" Hermione asked, looking towards the redhead for any sign that she couldn't reveal what they were researching. Evelyn just shrugged her shoulder before speaking.

"We're just trying to learn more about The Stone family."

"Why?" Ciara asked as she reached for a book on the table. "I mean, all of them are now dead."

"Ciara!" Opal smacked Ciara's shoulder lightly as she gave Evelyn a sympathetic look. "I'm so sorry for her reaction. She can be rather blunt sometimes."

"It's fine."

Evelyn responded though she couldn't help the sadness from washing over her at realizing that all her family was apparently dead.

"What's with the long face?"

Fred's voice appeared above Evelyn's head as he stood behind Evelyn's chair. George stood behind Hermione across from Evelyn. And Elizabeth Walker and Lee Jordan were standing near their table with shit-eating grins on their face.

"What are you guys doing in the library?" Evelyn asked, tilting her head to look at Fred with a slight smile on her face. "I didn't think you knew how to reach the library?"

"Very funny." George mocked as he reached over and grabbed Opal Williams' book from her hands, not even noticing the frown that crept onto her features. "We're hiding from Filch. He almost caught us setting up a prank."

"Are you sure you two are the best pranksters at Hogwarts if you are so easily caught?"

Ciara asked as Fred's eyes squinted down at the brunette.

"We are the best pranksters at Hogwarts," Fred stated coldly as he leaned down onto Evelyn, wrapping his arms around Evelyn's shoulders. "Besides, I highly doubt a Ravenclaw could do the same damage that we Gryffindors can create."