The Duel

Evelyn Stone was currently avoiding Harry Potter, and it wasn't that she didn't enjoy last night. Harry was definitely more comforting for the redhead than even Ron could be. But Fred and George had caught them and had been teasing Evelyn all morning about her possible feeling for the raven-haired boy.

"You okay?"

Opal asked, her honey blonde hair piled up into a bun as she observed their shared plant. Her sea-green eyes kept flickering towards the redhead that held a frown on her face.

"I'm fine. It just everyone thinks that I have a crush on Harry now, ever since they saw us cuddle up together this morning."

Opal raised an eyebrow as she tried to keep the laughter from bubbling up inside her. It was soon replaced with a frown as their plant attempted to extend an arm and reached for Evelyn's necklace.

"Well, do you have a crush on Harry?" Opal asked as she swatted the plant's leaves.

"No, he's just my really good friend. He just understands me on a deep level, do you get it?"

Opal nodded as she smiled at the redhead as she managed to calm down the plant.

"Good job Ms. Williams, ten points toward Hufflepuff house."

Professor Spout said with a large smile as she passed by their desk and made her way toward Ron and Harry, who seemed to be struggling with their own plant.

"Yeah, I don't understand why anyone would have a crush on them," Opal stated as she wrinkled her nose in slight distaste as Ron tried to beat the plant with their own leaves. "Besides, you already have an admirer from the looks of it."

"What are you talking about?" Evelyn asked, startled as she reached out for Opal's arm.

"Theodore Nott?"

"Who?" Evelyn asked genuinely as she tried to remember anyone with that name, but nothing seemed to click in her head. Opal looked shocked as she grabbed her book bag as the bell ranged.

"Are you joking me?" Opal asked as she grabbed Evelyn's arm and began pulling the redhead. She looked like a woman on a mission as Evelyn simply grabbed her bag, knowing there was no way to stop her. "He literally stares at you in the library all the time; how do you not notice him?"

Evelyn shrugged her shoulder and simply mouthed an apology towards Hermione's questioning look.

Opal stopped in the middle of the corridor, her eyes seemingly scanning for someone. Lorenzo Berkshire walked out of the classroom across from Opal and Evelyn. A lanky Slytherin followed after him; he was a tad shorter than the rather boisterous Slytherin.

"Him!"

Opal said, pointing towards the two Slytherins, and Evelyn couldn't help the surprise that was evident on her face. The lanky boy, Theodore Nott, seemingly heard them as his eyes caught onto Evelyn. His deep forest green eyes seemed to bore holes through her skull, and Evelyn couldn't help but scrunch her eyebrows in pure confusion.

"Why would he be staring at me?" Evelyn asked as Theo finally looked away as he was dragged with Enzo, a small smile playing on his lips.

"He thinks your pretty?" Opal said sardonically as Evelyn wrapped her arms over her chest. "Does there need to be a reason? I'm still surprised you never noticed it. He was never really subtle."

"I have other things on my mind," Evelyn dismissed as she watched as Enzo and Theo reached the blonde girl and brunette Evelyn had seen on the train. He still wasn't smiling. "Why doesn't he ever smile?"

"From what I've heard, Theo has plenty of reasons not to smile."

"Evelyn!"

A voice broke Evelyn's focus onto the quiet Slytherin; a smile came onto her face as she noticed the Ravenclaw that was approaching the two first-years. Clarke Jean was walking towards them, drawing the attention of everyone around them, even Enzo and Theo, who gave Evelyn an almost challenging look.