Slytherin VS Gryffindor

Opal Williams stood by the Black Lake, a deep frown on her face as she looked at her floating bed in the lake. Mr. Cuddles, her stuffed bear, stared back at Opal from its perch on Opal's light yellow bed pillow. The late November breeze nipped at her nose as she squinted her eyes from the cold.

"I swear I'm going to kill the Weasley twins," Opal grumbled under her breath, stuffing her face further into her Hufflepuff scarf.

"Can I join you?"

Ciara Jean asked as she walked towards Opal, stuffing her hands into her dark blue jacket. The winter season was approaching, and Ciara needed time away from the festivities of the Ravenclaw tower, mainly because she was Jewish and was rather tired of the constant question of what she was planning on doing during the Christmas break. And secondly, because Roger Davies was trying to find a way of decorating the Ravenclaw tower without putting in actual work, it caused some of the third years' books to end up on fire.

"Sorry, we're we meant to meet up?" Opal asked apologetically, sea-green eyes looking hurriedly at her watch. I'll have to ask for help another time from the head girl.

"Nope, I'm just bored, and who else to go to besides my best friend?" Ciara replied, shaking her left hand that had one-half of a friendship charm. Opal herself had the other half on a thin golden chain on her neck.

"Well, how about we meet up later in the library? I just got to talk to two annoying ginger twins."

"Give them hell."

Ciara said as Opal smiled widely towards the Ravenclaw before walking back into the castle and beginning her trek towards the Gryffindor tower. Her blood was boiling as this was the third prank pulled on her this week. The first turned her hair red, already hinting at who pranked her. The second prank was more evident as they put frogs in her chest with the initials WW etched onto the wood of the trunk. They honestly had to be more discrete, in Opal's opinion.

"Can you please let me in? I have to kill two Weasley boys."

"Which one?" The portrait of the Fat Lady asked, eyebrows raised in curiosity. "There are several; some have even left the-"

"Fred and George."

Opal interrupted in annoyance, ignoring the affronted look on the Fat Lady's face. The Fat Lady let out a deep sigh, leaning on the column that stood behind her plump figure.

"I would, but I promised the founders long ago that I would only open this door if you know the password. So do you?" The Fat Lady said dramatically, turning her head away and crossing her arms over her chest. But one eye was opened and was watching Opal curiously.

"Look at me; I'm a Hufflepuff; how would I know the password for the Gryffindor Tower."

"Sorry, but no dice; that is today's slang, right?"

Opal Williams raised an eyebrow in slight confusion though she was slowly regretting her decision and wanted to return to her common room. The Fat Lady's actions were not helping the anger that was slowly dimming now that she was near The Gryffindor Common Room. To begin with, she wasn't a very confrontational person, but the Gryffindor-known dramatics was slowly ebbing away her need to confront Fred and George.

Just as she was preparing to return to the dungeons to ask for help on getting her bed back to her dorm room, she saw Neville Longbottom sitting against a wall with cards in his hands. His eyebrows were scrunched in confusion, and Opal could feel an idea blooming in her head.

" Hey, Nev."

"Oh, hey Opal," Neville said, leaning off the wall, a crooked smile on his face."What are you doing here? I thought I was the only person here who gets lost."