At Gunpoint (The World)

A/N In this one-shot nobody knows that Peter is Spider-man except Tony Stark. And In this story Civil War never happened. Except that Ant-man and Black Panter joined the Avengers.

------------------

Before everything went to hell, Peter was actually having a good day. He had nailed his biology test, he stopped a few thugs from robbing civilians, and he was going to the school dance with his best friends, Ned Leeds and Michele Jones.

Things were beginning to look up for him.

-----

Michele Jones thought she finally had her life together. She was doing good at school, she had great friends, but then of course her hearth had to betray her.

She had a crush on Peter Parker, her best friend, and now she was going to the dance with him and Ned as friends.

What possibly could go wrong?

-----

Ned knew his friends were crushing on each other, but didn't think it was his place to tell them. Instead he kept his mouth shut. He also kept his mouth shut about all those times Peter mysteriously disappeared, but that was not what this night was about.

They walked in to the gym together and immediately saw aunt May helping the other teachers.

Why was aunt May helping in a school dance? She was aunt May, that's why.

The three friends had a lot of fun that night. Laughing, dancing, singing, eating. What they didn't know was that close by the Avengers were fighting a gang with alien weapons. The gang fled towards their school and when they entered the gym, Peter's festive mood was suddenly gone. The students, teachers and parents moved to the walls as the thugs shot a few bullets in the air.

Peter knew he had to get out and change in his suit. "Stay here." he told his friends and aunt. Peter then wanted to slip away but May stopped him.

"Where are you going?"

"I'm going to call mister Stark." he explained, and it wasn't a lie. He hid in the bathroom and called him.

Outside not only Tony Stark and the rest of the Avengers stood (Black Widow, Hawkeye, Captain America, Scarlet Witch, Vision, Black Panter and Ant-man.) but the FBI was also there.

"We need to go in. Those kids are in danger." Captain America told the agent in charge.

The rest of the Avengers agreed.

"We can't let you. What if you destroy the building? You have a reputation." the agent replied.

They were cut off by Tony's ringtone.

"Mister Stark? There are man in our school taking hostages." Peter urgently said.

"I know, we're standing outside the building. Just don't do anything stupid, okay kid?" Tony ordered, terrified of what could happen to the kid if he got caught in crossfire.

The television turned on and the thugs appeared on the screen with a girl in their arms and a gun to her head. Tony recognized the girl from Peter's picture's on his phone.

Michelle Jones. One of Peter's friends. 

"Michelle..." Tony heard Peter mutter before he disconnected.

"Peter, no! Do not do anything stupid." he tried but the young hero couldn't hear him anymore.

"Oh god, who's that?" Wanda asked when she saw the girl on the screen.