S Is For Sorry (The World)

A/N so I have been sitting on this one quite some time, since I didn't know how to write it, I just hope you like it.

This is about what could happen in Infinity war even though I really hope it doesn't. Ned knows Peter is Spider-man, just like the rest of the Avengers, but those are the only ones in this fic.

-----

Ned and MJ were sitting in Chemistry, without Peter, when they heard the explosion. Everyone ran to the widow to see what was happening. There had been an explosion about two blocks away.

The PA system came online.

"There has been an attack down town, we would like everyone to go home and the classes has been dismissed. Get home safely."

There was an moment of silence and then everyone ran outside. Most of the students ran home, but Ned and MJ had other plans.

Ned wanted to see how his best friend was doing. MJ just needed to know what was going on.

They ran to the explosion and saw an battle going on. All the heroes were there. Iron Man, Hulk, Vision, Thor, Captain America, Hawkeye, Scarlet Witch, Black Panther, Ant-man, Black Widow, Falcon, War Machine, Dr. Strange and lastly Spider-man.

They were fighting an army of robot-aliens with as leader Thanos, although Michele referred to him 'Grape Man'. 

The battle field was contained in two street. Houses had been destroyed, but the barriers kept the civilians from going any further. Michelle and Ned made their way through the crowd. They saw that the fight wasn't going well. Thanos was laughing at the heroes. The whole world was watching the battle on TV.

-----

Aunt May was anxious. She knew Peter was free from school. She even spotted MJ and Ned in the crowd on the television, but no Peter. He wasn't answering the phone either, and she was worried sick.

Suddenly, another explosion sounded, and a piece of concrete came flying into the crowd. Most people got away, but MJ wasn't that lucky. She was helping and elderly woman get away and a concrete wall was about to hit her when Spider-man saved her.

He placed her on a fire escape from a building, out of the range of anyones eyesight/camera's and Ned made his through the crowd, trying to get to his friends. 

"What are you doing her?" Peter anxiously asked.

"I-I wanted to see what was going on," she answered dumbfounded. 

Peter wanted to get her as far away as possible, but he had to get back to the battle. "You shouldn't have come here, MJ."

She was about to argue but stopped.

MJ?

She never told him her name, and even then, only her friends called her MJ. "MJ? How do you know my name?" 

Spider-man looked at her without saying anything but she knew he was panicking. Then it all clicked. His unexplained a absences, the fact he was stronger than last year, Spider-man being in DC the same time he was, the change of subject everytime they talked about him.

Peter Parker was Spider-man.

Her crush was a superhero.

"Peter?" she whispered. 

There was a silence, and then Peter slowly took off his mask. MJ gasped. It was really him.

"Listen I don't have much time, I have to get back but I need you to stay safe," he said. The whole time they had been standing on the fire escape, Peter had been glancing behind him to the battle.