Smoothly

Me and Miguel handled business for Scar and Calì. Scar was the easiest, I've met his people a few times already.

With Calì it was a little different. Scared Muthafuckas be those shaky ones. I don't what Josè had going on but his workers ain't cutting it.

I have faith that when Calì gets back on her feet she'll get them right.

Walking in the hospital. The nurses look up but look down quickly when they see who it is.

That's right, mind y'all dam business. Walking in Calì's room she's up looking out the window. She turns to look at me and her brother.

"About time you wake your ass up sis. Got me worried and shit"

She rolls her eyes laughing lightly.

"Can y'all shut the fuck up! I just woke up after a year and y'all want to be loud and shit"

My eyes dart to Tru that has a scowl on his face. My eyes look over to Scar but nothing has changed. They took him off support but he hasn't woken up yet.

I look to Calì, she has a bitter sweet expression on her face. I slowly walk to her. She wraps her arms around me, well the best way she can since she's laying down.

I hug her tight but draw back when I think about her gun wounds.

"I'm good Zoe, your not hurting me. Im basically good as new. That's one thing to be great full for. I slept my entire recovery. "

She embraces Miguel softly. He kisses her forehead before moving out the way.

"You have to stop scaring me like that to. I only have one sister"

"You getting soft on me already?"

"Stop it"

Hearing her laugh is music to my ears. I can't believe I almost lost her. If I wouldn't have finished my program in time. I would have missed everything. She looks at me with a sparkle in her eye. But her look fades when she looks over to Scar.

"Aye, he going to be iight. He don't want you looking sad and shit"

"I know but it still hurts. I should have been the last one to wake up"

"Man Calì chill out with all that shit you talking"

She mugs Miguel up and down making me laugh. She looks at me smirking.

"Can we talk?"

"Yea, what's up?"

"Are you mad at me?"

"For?"

"What you woke up to"

"It wasn't your fault. I was in and out. Even though my body wouldn't let me respond I could still hear everything around me"

"When all y'all finally come home I want have a talk. Well if that's ok with you."

She looks at me with a confused expression but nods her head.

After spending a few hours more with her, we leave so I can make sure the kids are good. I'll probably bring them tomorrow.

I just hope Scar wakes up soon. Knowing Calì she's blaming herself about the situation. We will lose her if he doesn't wake up soon. I can't have that.