Chapter Two

I sat in the sun, on a warm bench in the park, swinging my legs, taking in the view.

There was a pond in front of me, where small children were feeding the ducks, their familys laughing and throwing bread in too. I had to tear my eyes away to stop the hurting, to stop thinking about my family. The thought of them nearly made me cry.

I took my eyes away, and looked to my feet. White sandals covered most of my feet, only exposing certain parts of skin. I loved those sandals. I'd worn them for years.

I was just doing my own thing, lapping up the sunshine, when I knew it was too good to be true. I knew something had to happen.

And it did.

As if on cue, a boy my age sauntered up to me, smoking a cigarette. I could see his 'Friends' standing off the way a bit, looking at the scene play out like vultures, lurking. It creeped me out.

"Well hi there." The guy said. He looked like he drank alot. Messy hair, covered in a red cap. Missing a tooth, at his age. And he had several cuts and bruises over his face.

I didn't say anything, just looked at him in distaste. He proceeded, and sat down beside me on the small bench.

"Did it hurt when you fell from heaven, hun?" He asked, blowing smoke in my face.

Cliche much? I thought to myself.

I turned to him with a cold glare, already despising him. "No. But I did bang my knees up pretty bad when I crawled up from hell." I retorted.

He gave me a bewildered look, and stubbed his cigarrette, when I got up and walked away.

But he followed.

"Don't be like that, chick..." He said, stroking my arm from behind.

"Get your hands off me!" I shrieked, batting him away.

"No, you'll like it..." He grinned, doing it again.

"Piss off, perv!" I screamed, pushing him back. He fell onto his back and coughed a little, glancing up to his friends, who were doubled over with laughter. I, however, was not.

I tried walking away again, but he caught up.

"Don't you think you can do that and get away with it, bitch!" He sneered.

I stormed up to him and grabbed his shirt. "I'm giving you one. Last. Fucking. Chance. Walk away know, or you'll get it. Got it? Good." I spat, dropping him again, walking away for a third time.

Still, it didn't work.

"Get what? What are you going to do? Huh?" He pestered. When i didnt reply, he took it to the limit. " Hoy, Slut! I'm talking to you!"

That is it. I thought. That. Is. It.

He was laughing to his friends behind him, while I stormed up from behind. My rage was boiling above the surface, as I grabbed his ear, and spun him around. His laughter died and surprise overtook his features, as I punched him in the stomach.

I heard his Friends call "Oooooooooh!" Behind us, as I punched him a couple more times. Strength I didn't know I had overcame me, as I tackled him to the ground.

Who was he to talk to me like that? He didnt know me. He didn't know anything. He was a pervert. A good for nothing, waste of space...

Thoughts like these raced through my mind, more and more, as I was straddling him on the floor , punching his face over and over. Rain began to fall heavily, out of nowhere. Like my attack.

He screamed and yelled, his friends frozen in place, watching the scene as I knocked the life out of the guy under me.

I didn't fully register what I was doing until I noticed the blood on my knuckles, and the blue and red flashing lights surrounding me.

Someone had phoned the police.