Chapter Nine

Calum wasn't messing around when he said he'd handcuff me to the wall. He did exactly that, at an uncomfortable angle.

I sat jauntily and squished in a corner of the room, obviously not wanted. I could hear Calum and Abbie whispering to each other quietly in the next room, barley speaking. A normal perosn probably wouldn't have had a clue what they were saying, because they were so quiet. But it was deadly silent, and I had time to kill.

My arm throbbed, my stomach growled, and my throat screamed for water. But I didn't dare say a word, for fear of that gun being held against my head again. I'd never been intimidated like that in my life before.

I still didn't know what was happening. The girl, Abbie, had said something about a Reaper, I think. What, like the grim reaper? Was that it? Was that what had killed all of those innocent people? I didn't think so. The word zombies still nagged uncomfortbly in my mind. Was that possible? Un - humane individuals, with an unhealthy appetite for human flesh? How would that even start? And spread? And how quickly?

There were so many thoughts racing through my mind. Too many, in fact. I was overworking myself. I started breathing heavily, panicking. I tried to scream for help, but nothing came out of my mouth except hot air. I panicked even more, and desperatly tried to break out of my handcuffs, pulling and struggling away from the wall. It hurt a lot, but I only focoused on trying to get out of there. Quick.

My head hurt, the room spun, and I stopped struggling, collapsing to the floor for the second time.