six

I sat down with my brother and the Kingsley family at their dinner table and made small talk with the family as food was getting made. Everyone was present at the table except for Harrison..
Or Harris to me, I should keep that in mind..

"Harrison come downstairs now, it's dinner!" Sandra yelled for her son's attention.

He didn't come straight away, but after a few minutes I heard footsteps coming down the stairs.

"I'm here now. Are you satisfied?" he said to his mum when walking in.

As soon as he walked into the room he made eye contact with me and he stopped. He was staring at me coldly and scanned me up and down and his eyes squinted at me giving a very uncomfortable look.

Sandra who was watching Harris, who was watching me decided to cut the awkwardness in the air.

"Harrison darling. I don't believe you have met Marques and his sister Alexis, they're our new neighbours and  they're going to have dinner with us as she gave us such a warm welcome." she said with admiration.

Aww, what a lovely woman I thought to myself.

My brother and him done some kind of man hug that all the boys do as their greeting and then he turned to me,

I smiled at him warmly and said hey, he gave me a slight nod and and then he squinted at me & just kept on continuing to stare at me and sat down at his seat. He sat opposite me, which made me feel uneasy because I had a feeling he would be like this for the rest of the dinner...

Sandra placed the meal she made in front of us, "I made chicken parmesean & cooked some mash & vegetable for the sides, it's not really extravagent but I hope you like it." she said.

"Oh no, don't worry I love chicken parmesean! I haven't had some in a while, I'll be looking forward to eating it!" I replied, Sandra smiled and then served food on everyones plate.

I gotta admit, Sandra's food is delicious. It left me wanting some more, but I didn't ask for any, didn't want to seem like a pig.

It reminded me of my mum's cooking, man I miss her so much and if only she was there to help me go through what I am going through now.. I thought to myself.

Well she's still here, watching below..

Yeah I guess so...

While I was deep in my thoughts, I was being watched by Harrison, I didn't exactly catch him looking but I can feel the gaze sawing through me, observing what I was doing, it made me feel uncomfortable it felt like he was scrutinizing me. I diverted my eyes to my meal and hopefully not make any eye contact with him any time soon.

Throughout the course of the dinner, conversations occured around the table, mainly my brother was having a conversation with Mr and Mrs Kingsley about anything and everything really. I spoke to Paige about my school, which she will be attending soon and told her what goes on there and what to avoid and not.

"Thompson High (idk I randomly made the name up lol) isn't such a bad school, it doesnt have the cliched cliques you see in movies. But there are some bitchy type of people that you would see in the movies" I told her.

"Glad I'm knowing this now, so I know what's up in Thompson High. If you don't mind can I shadow you for the first week of school?" she asked quite shyly.

"Of course! Why would I mind? I'll introduce you to my friends, I am sure they will love you!" I replied, we both then laughed because Paige dropped some mash on her trousers.

Harrison was sitting there feeding his little 3-year-old brother and playing with him, a guy playing/looking after kids, that is so effin attractive!  But I realised he was listening to mine and Paige's conversation by his body positioned, although he was facing his little brother, he was leaning towards the table, with his head tilting towards us. What a weird position, I giggled to myself in my head.