Pride - Part Three

((Okay, I know the picture above has nothing to do with this story but it made me wheeze of laughter so it's there anyway, I promise this is an one-off though!))

:Hanzo POV:

It had been around a week since McCree and I had discussed his bad habits, and around a week since he had stolen a thing. I'm so unbelievably proud of him. I just hope he keeps it up. For the first few days, we had to try desperately to find a hobby for him that wasn't stealing or causing mayhem. When we finally found out that - to my astonishment - he enjoyed photography, we went out and bought an expensive camera and got started. He's actually great at it! Some of the pictures he takes make me forget that we literally just went into a nearby forest and snapped a photo of some trees and the sky, because he makes them seem so different and unique. Whether it be because of the angles he takes them in or I'm just easily impressed, which I'm usually not, all I can say is that I'm filled with pride.

"Hey, Han?" I just about hear McCree say since he's so quiet.
"Yes?" I reply.
"Listen. I enjoy doin' photography, as ye know... I'm just not really feelin' it today. Or really feelin' like doing anything." He mumbles, sounding down.
I myself feel sadness when I hear him like this. I presumed that maybe his aura was fighting back, or he just felt randomly demotivated today. Or maybe he's unwell? From my experience, since I was turned into a demon, I have not been sick, but we're different demons, hence our different auras. I am a Punishment demon. I became what I am because of my unforgivable sins. I don't want forgiveness, anyways. I just want people to acknowledge that I am so strongly sorry for what I did. They don't need to see me as a good person just because I know how to apologise, I just want them to know. McCree, on the other hand, didn't do anything despicable - he just robbed a few places, that's basically it, he might've killed the odd stranger to get what he wanted but he didn't brutally murder his brother, did he? - but he wanted to be a demon. He's never told me why, and probably never will, but I simply can't think of any reason to want to be this. Demons are stronger then humans, yes, but they're also incredulously easy to emotionally break. They wont let it show, but if you bring up the reason a Punishment demon is what it is then the guilt and loneliness will hit them like a tidal wave. I know this from experience. I know McCree was only kidding around, and I believe he had been slightly intoxicated at the time, though that's nothing too new, but it was agonizing to be reminded of those times. Meanwhile, if you are just simply impolite and harsh to a Darkness demon, it'll take a while but like with a human, they will eventually snap. There's just one difference. A human will cry, or scream, or fight back possibly. A Darkness demon will go on a violent rampage, killing anyone in its path. Even friends. The only other demon that I know of is a Hell demon, which is a human who did so much wrong in his life that when he died, no matter what the cause of his death was, he went down to Hell. Some people that go through this just stay there and experience the pain on a daily basis. Others go so insane that they request to be a terrifying abomination who must stay in hiding for their whole life just so they can be back on Earth. If you're lucky, you'll catch a glimpse of one of their dark red wings for a second if you venture very, very deep into a forest or a cave (McCree and I have never gone far enough into the forests for that) but they'll sense that you can see them and will scurry away as quickly as you can say "I found a Hell demon".

"What is the exact reason you feel down?" I ask, a tinge of sadness in my own voice.

"It's... That aura o' mine, it's fightin' back. It wants its control over my life back, and so it's givin' me a poundin' headache. But I can tell that's just the beginnin'." He admits.

I was partially aware this would most likely happen, since auras don't just leave your mind like that. I just don't know what exactly to do about it. All I do know is all that pride I felt before might leave me if he doesn't keep control over himself, and I really don't want that to happen.