Chapter 2

Sophia;

Stay cool, stay cool. I think to myself as I stare forward. I lock my eyes with the board so I didn't have to look at him. He was a bully, he was a prep. He didn't have time for wastes in space like me. So it really surprised me when he spoke to me.

"Hey."

It may have just been a simple hey, but it seemed meaningful at the time, considering, no one talked to me.

"Hi." I replied quietly, but audibly.

"Hmm? Little mouse, speak up." The boys in front of him started to snicker.

"Do you really think that's that funny? I mean, that was probably the stupidest insult anyone could have ever come up with." I spat back at him. He seemed to be taken aback for a minute and his friends started to 'Oooo.'

He snorted and flipped his pencil between his fingers.

"Yeah, okay, I get it. I'm not in honors English so I could do much worse. What are you even doing in CP algebra, little mouse?"

I crinkled my nose up. He should really stop calling me little mouse.

"Well, I'm actually not gifted in math and I doubt you'll be in any of my other classes, so you can just shut up now."

That shut him up for only a second. I should have known Lucifer would pipe up again.

"Okay, little mouse, better hit those books." He chuckled to himself, thinking he won.

"I should say the same to you." I sneered back at him. This time, he kept quiet for good, and class began.