Chapter 6

Sophia;

A few weeks had passed since I saw Lucifer at his house, I walked straight to the back and sat next to him. I've realized something about him, he's never not gotten what he wanted, so I'm gonna be the first to not give him that.

"Hey, Lucifer." I smiled kindly, batting my eyelashes a little.

"Hello." He replied. He was covering part of his face and I was wondering what was up.

"Are you alright?" I asked. I was very curious as to why he had half his face covered.

"Hmm? Yeah. I'm fine."

"You don't seem fine." I replied back to him.

He sighed and lowered his hand as I gasped.

"Shhh..." He nodded towards his friends in front of him and the teacher that was teaching. On his face was a newly placed bruise. The bruise was purple and grey and was a huge lump on his once perfect skin.

"What happened?" I asked.

He sort of shook his head and pulled on his sleeve.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to pry." I started to blush a little. Man, why was I blushing?

"It's okay." He replied before covering up his face again. "So what did you do yesterday without me for entertainment?"

And here we are back to square one where Lucifer is a huge air head and is so full of himself.

"Homework that's due today." I replied. "I hope you got yours done."

"I was a little busy being a waiter." He snorted.

"Excuse me?"

"Oh, it's nothing you need to worry about, little mouse."

I sighed. That name might as well stick with me forever.

"Anyway, Little Mouse, could I interest you in a coffee shop date after school?"

"Did you just ask me on a date?" I asked, raising my eyebrows.

"No, I'm wondering if you'll come to the coffee shop on corner street with me and we can study."

"But like a study date, right?"

"Let's not call it a date, not until I take you home with me." He winked and turned his attention to the board before I could say anything else to him.

                                                                                        * * *

My lunch period was seventh hour and I normally just sat in the back table alone, but today I noticed a shaggy brown haired boy sitting at the table beside me with no one. I picked up my lunch tray and made my way to the table.

"Hey." I said as I slipped into the seat across from him. I didn't want to scare him away since I've never seen this boy before.

"Hello." He whispered shyly. He was wearing a blue button down long sleeved shirt and khaki pants, not your average jock style, but he wasn't a jock obviously.

"Is it okay if I sit here? I could move." Suddenly, I realized I sat down without asking him. He could have friends coming to the table and I didn't want to be some creep who came out of no where and sit by a boy I didn't even know.

"No, it's okay. I normally sit alone so I'd be happy to have some company." He smiled softly and played with the tip of his fork. "So I've never seen you at lunch where do you go?"