Chapter 7

Lucifer;

She must have been really scared because she was riding a motorcycle for the first time. She was also holding onto my body like her life depended on it and I couldn't help but smile at that. It was actually kind of cute, but that doesn't mean I like her.

Do I like her?

I checked behind me to see how she was doing and for the first time ever, I saw pure happiness on her face. Happiness with me. She was grinning so widely and she had one arm out in the air, letting the breeze take it where ever it wanted. She looked so free. She looked so beautiful.

We drove past the lake, past the old oak tree by my home, and past the dead end road where I used to hang out with my friends. I made another circle around and we finally got to my house. I hopped of my bike and put the kick stand out.

"Well?" I asked.

"Well, that was amazing." She replied, her breath was uneven, but that must have been from all the excitement.

"Wanna come inside?" I asked her. "I'll show you around."

"Sure." She smiled. I have a feeling she was starting to warm up to me.

I held out my arm, like a gentleman, and led her into my house. The door flew open, as usual, and we stepped inside.

"You're house is--"

I stopped her, a smile still plastered on my face.

"Small? Yeah, I know, but it's okay. Wanna see my room?"

"Lu---"

"It's not like that, I swear, not anymore."

She smiled at me and nodded. I held out my and she took it right away.

The staircase creeped below our feet as we headed down to the basement. She looked at me quizzically.

"Why is your room in the basement?"

I didn't respond right away because I didn't know what to tell her without having her worry about me.

"It's cooler down... here in the summer especially." I responded with that simply. She either bought it, or didn't want to pry.

"Okay." She smiled, but her smile faded when she saw my music collection all over the floor. "Shut up." She breathed out and ran over to the CDs scattered all over the place. "You like Blink 182?"

I nodded in response and walked over to her, squatting down next to her.

"Yeah, my--" I paused before finishing the sentance. "--mom gave it to me."

She must have caught on right away. "Oh, I'm so sorry." She put the CD down and looked up at me.

I just smiled down at her.

"It's alright. She was great and all, but things happen."

Sophie nodded again and looked around my room until her eyes fell on a guitar.

"And you play?" She asked, not moving from her spot beside me.

"My mom did, I don't."

She smiled and got up. She walked to the guitar and picked it up. She let her fingers run up and down the neck and she picked it up cautiously.

"It's an epiphone, a beautiful guitar. I have one at home." She strummed the first few chords before realizing they were out of tune. "May I-?"

I nodded and sat down criss cross apple sauce now to get a better look at her.

She picked each string and adjusted them to make a beautiful sound, no longer just random noises. She then walked over to my bed and sat down, running her fingers over the string. Soon, she effortlessly started playing Black Bird by The Beatles. She was absolutely amazing.

When she finished playing blackbird, she put the guitar back in the same spot she got it from, leaving me there to gape at her beauty. She turned around swiftly and looked back at me.

"What'd you think?" She asked almost shyly.

"That was.... Amazing." I replied. She smiled and sat back down on my bed.

"Thanks, I've gotten lessons this year so I may be better then I was when I was teaching myself."

I smiled and flipped through the CDs that lay beside me on the floor. I soon found the one I was looking for and placed it in the stereo. I turned the volume down sort of low, but still audible and smiled at her. Mayday Parade's Terrible Things started to play in the background. I watched her eyes start to water up, but she quickly whipes them away.

"Dance with me?" I asked as I reached out a hand.

"I-I couldn't..." She replied and looked away, but I turned her around to stare into my eyes. I placed one hand on her waist and grabbed her hand with my free hand.

"It was more of a statement, not a question."

She looked down at her feet and blushed. I took my hand off her waist and tipped her head up.

"Look at me, I want to see your beautiful eyes." I smiled, which caused her to blush even more, but she held my gaze this time.

We swayed in time to the music as it transferred to the next song on my playlist FireWorks by You Me At Six.

"Did you make this playlist yourself?" She asked me.

I nodded as a smile crept up onto her face.

"I like your taste in music Mr. Ramones." She chuckled softly.

Again, I genuinely smiled at her. That's when I felt her head rest against my chest.

Could she feel my heart beat? Does she know that I may possibly developed feelings for her? Not just a feeling of friendship, or a one night stand, a feeling of love. I've never felt that before. Maybe Marty was right, she was the one that could break me.

I wrapped my arms around her, letting her know I was there for her, that I could protect her, that I could do so much more for her than any other boys she may meet. And as my arms grew tighter around her, my feelings grew stronger as well.

Lucifer

Is that all there is to it? I spend a little bit of time with a girl and I realize I have feelings? Would I ever be able to shake these feelings? Will I ever let go? All of these questions swarmed in my head like a hive of bees in their nest.

There's nothing you can do about feelings because they're always gonna be there.

Well, at least that's what my mom had said before she left me with this sad excuse for a father, but i can't blame her for her death. She just died. Things happen, I guess.