Chapter 4

Sophia;

That boy, oh that boy. He's got a lot of nerve to never talk to me, make fun of me during school all these years, and then start to hit on me. To be completely honest, I think he just hasn't gotten much attention lately and that's what he wants. He wants a girl who is easily manipulated and will do it with him because that's just the kind of low, disgusting boy he is.

Some guys just don't change. From diapers to puberty, they remain idiots. I was kind of hoping Lucifer would be different this year, but I was wrong.

                                                                                        * * *

The day dragged on from first period and I was soon sitting on the bus on my way home. The piece of notebook paper was in the front pocket of my backpack.

When I got inside my house, I noticed my mother left a note on the table. The note read;

Out working, be home late. Food is in the fridge. Can heat up. Xo.

Of course she was gone. She's always gone. Even if the note says she was 'working', she really isn't. She's probably at the bar drinking way too much with her friends that get tipsy really quickly.

Maybe I would go visit Lucifer and help him with his studies. It's not like I had anything better to do.

                                                                                        * * *

Since I couldn't drive yet, I walked all the way to Lucifer's house. My backpack was swung over my back and it felt like I was carrying a sac of bricks on my back. I might as well be, the honors literature book was huge.

Lucifer's house finally came into view. It was an old brick house with a one car garage and an old oak tree in the front. I also passed another oak tree on the way here. That tree seemed to be standing there for ages though, the one in his yard seemed fairly young.

I trudged up to the door and gingerly knocked on it. I heard a shuffle of feet scampering down what sounded like a staircase.

"One minute!" Lucifer's voice rang through the house. The lock on the door unlatched and the door swung open.

"Oh, hey! I didn't think you'd come. Wanting to take me up on that offer now?" He smirked. Something seemed different about him. His breath was almost boozy.

"Actually, I'm taking you up on your asking to tutor you. I brought my bag over so we can work."

He paused in the doorway for a minute.

"Actually, today isn't a good day. Could you come back... Tomorrow maybe?" He had a pause in his voice between 'come back' and 'tomorrow'. He seemed worried about

something, but what?

"Of course I can."

He smiled, but this time it seemed a little forced.

"Great! Than we can 'study.'" He put air quotes around the word 'study'. I rolled my eyes and straightened up a little.

"You wish." I said before turning on my heel and walking back home.

Out Of My LimitOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara