What are you doing?

Thank you all so much for the amount of support you guys are giving this book. High five 🙋✋

************************

Hunter

I can't believe this. After all these years, I'm going to see her again. She really isn't dead.

I pull up outside the restaurant where I'm meeting with the private investigator and Mr Heart. I hope Mr. Heart is feeling alright this week. He took the news of Daisy's death very hard and he has heart conditions.

As I enter the restaurant, the waitress recognises me and points me to the table where Mike the private investigator was sitting. I walk towards the table and as I take my seat, my father and Mr Heart arrive.

We all wait for Mike to speak and I feel my patience running out when he doesn't say anything.

"Where is she?" I ask impatiently.

"The thing is I haven't really found her..." I spring up from my seat in anger before he can complete the sentence.

"But I finally have a lead. This is better than the fruitless clues we've been having for years" he pauses so we can process his words and I sit down again.

I nod at him to continue talking and he does.

"As we all know, her dead body was never found. Only blood and her belongings. Last week, a twelve year old boy named Bastien Griffin posted a picture of him and a girl that look exactly like Daisy. He took it down the second day when someone commented that his sister looks like the dead heiress and he deleted the account. Now my point is, this might actually be Daisy or else why would he delete the account? I've had my team trace his internet actions and they've gathered that the family stays in this city. The girl in the picture is actually the young boy's sister Esmeralda Griffin....."

"Esmeralda Griffin?" I ask shocked.

"Yes, your new assistant is the girl in the picture but I have no proof that she is Daisy" Mike says but I'm too shocked to even reply.

But Esmeralda can't be Daisy...

Why would she act like she doesn't know me if she was Daisy?

"She can't be Daisy. She doesn't even recognize me" I state.

"Yes and that is where it gets confusing. Her family have her birth certificate and pictures of her growing up with them. On one hand, I think it's Daisy because the similarity is too much to be a coincidence and there is no trace of Miss. Griffin on the internet or any social media but on the other hand, I think she's just a look-alike because of the proof her family has" Mike answers.

Mr. Heart's face falls and I feel more sad because I could have prevented all this if only I stayed with her that day.

"I'll carry on with the investigations and see what more I can find. When I do get something useful, I'll call you" he says and we all stand up and exchange hand shakes.

I hit my steering wheel in frustration as soon as I enter my car. This happens every damn time. I get my hopes up every time Mike calls only to be let down. But what if Esmeralda is Daisy?

No, that can't be? There is no way she can pretend not to know me. No one can be so good an actress.

There is only one way to know.
Daisy has a birthmark on her back, if I can just be able to check it without looking like a pervert.

An idea pops up and I drive to the office with determination. When I enter her office which leads to my office, I see her typing away on the computer while wearing cute little glasses.