Treasure Hunt

Please tap that little star to support me😉❤

***************************

Esmeralda

"Then I'm sure she wouldn't want you to blame yourself for whatever happened. She would want you to be happy" I say even though I feel like I have a brick placed on my heart.

Will anyone ever love me like that?

"Thank you" Hunter says and i'm about to open my mouth to respond when he adds.

"We should probably get back to the tent"

He stands and stretches forth his hand to help me get up and I grab it.

However, instead of releasing my hand after helping me up, he holds onto it and pulls me along as we walk back to the tent. My heart beats wildly in my chest all the way

On our way back, we branch at a little eatery-like space and order some food.

After we make it back to the tent he lets go of my hand to walk to his side. Soon we are both settled in our beds and I reach for the lamp.

"Do you want it on or off sir?" I ask praying he'd say 'on'.

"Leave it on" he says and I breathe a sigh of relief. I hate darkness.

"Good night Hunter" I say turning to face away from him.

"Goodnight Esmeralda. For what it's worth, if truly you had a special someone before you lost your memories, I doubt he would have forgotten about you. You're not exactly easy to overlook" He says and a stupid smile makes it's way to my face.

I don't reply and I'm unaware of when I finally fall asleep.

************************

When I first open my eyes, I'm confused as to where I am but after a few seconds, the fog in my brain clears.

I look over to Hunter's bed and notice him still sleeping. Since I don't know where the restroom is, I move to his side of his bed to wake him up.

I pause however when I see his handsome face. I'm tempted to run my fingers along the gruff shadowing his jaw.

"Told you you wouldn't be able to resist me" He says his eyes flying open as the corner of his mouth moves up in a smirk.

"I was just looking for the restroom" I respond trying to compose myself and masking it with a glare aimed at him.

"And for some reason or the other, you thought it would be on my face?" He retorts and I huff childishly before turning to walk towards the tent entrance.

'I'll find it myself" I say zipping the door open.

I hear some ruffling and feel him come up in front of me.

"Good morning to you too" he says pushing a strand of my hair behind my ear and walking out.

"Follow me" he says and leads me to a purple trailer before turning around to walk back. There are several trailers around so I assume this is our own restroom and walk inside.

I'm not wrong and in a few minutes, i'm done brushing and showering. I use the towels there to dry my body and then put my old clothes back on before packing up my toiletries.

Walking back into the tent, I notice that Hunter isn't inside and I hurriedly change into new clothes. I was already dreading asking him to exit the tent so I could change.

I wonder if Mr. Zhao is here already.

When I step out of the tent, I jump up a few feet in the air when I see the people standing in front of it.