Challenge #3 {Part One}

RING!

The lunch bell went off, but the students were unusually slow in reacting to it. It was normal for them to run off before the bell even rang, but this time, they waited and then left, dragging their feet behind them. I shrugged it off and began to slide my binder and textbook into my backpack. "Hey!" Someone called from the door. I paid no attention to it because I didn't think they were calling to me.

"Sophie!" Audre jabbed her elbow into my gut, whilst whispering furiously. "It's Kai."

I jumped up and looked at the door. "Oh, hey! I'm just packing up." I shot him a smile before bending down to zip up my backpack.

"Mr. Thomson, what're you doing here?" Miss Moore gave Kai a confused grin.

"Hey, Miss Moore! I'm just taking these girls to lunch." he winked at me jokingly. I rolled my eyes, a small smile stuck on my face. I began to pull up my backpack, but Kai took it from my hands. "I'll get that."

"Ooh, a gentleman." Miss Moore commented, smirking at me. Kai chuckled a little and turned to the door.

"Let's go!" Although I couldn't see his face, I knew he was smiling. I followed behind him, but Audre smirked and pushed me ahead, so I was right beside him.

"Au-!" I grumbled and looked up the green eyed boy. "Thanks for carrying my stuff." I gave him a grateful smile. "It was really nice of you."

"Oh! It was no problem." He smiled back at me.

"Sophie! Audre!" One of the girls, probably Jenna, from my group called from down the hall. "Where are you going?" They raced down to us.

"To lunch, genius." Audre spat at the ginger haired girl.

"But we always go together." One of the other girls, Kandice, stepped forward.

I didn't want to say anything because of my reputation, but with Kai's expecting gaze on me, I felt obligated to say something. "Not anymore, girls." I placed my hands on my hips and looked Jenna straight in the eyes. "If you want to be mean girls, you can do it without us." The looks on their faces were priceless, they were so shocked.

"Fine! We don't need you anyway." Jenna took the lead of the group and walked to the cafeteria door. One of her hands was on her hip, while the other was held out, holding a branded bag.

"Good job, Sophie!" Audre grabbed my shoulder proudly. "I think I have an idea for today's challenge."

Kai's gaze traveled to the girl hovering over my shoulder. "What's the challenge, then?" He asked, almost excitedly.

Audre looked over at him and grinned. "You have to make one new friend, someone that isn't in the popular crowd." She spoke as we entered the cafeteria.

"It's the perfect time for that challenge," I replied as I looked around the bustling cafeteria. The doors we entered through were in the middle of the wall, on both sides there was a wooden table for supporting a charity center or buying tickets to something. Beside the tables, there were vending machines, each one holding different snacks.

"Well, I have to go sit at my table. See you guys later." Kai turned to me and handed my backpack over carefully.

"Thanks again!" I called out as he waved back at me. In front of the vending machines, there was one row of table's each. The tables were like picnic benches, but in much better shape. They were set horizontally all through the row. On the left wall, there was a snack bar and two lunch lines. One of the lines was near the doors, while the other one was near the end of the cafeteria. On the right wall, there were just windows, but at the front wall, there was one more lunch line.

"Where do you want to sit?" Audre asked, glancing around the tables. Next to the second table down, on each side, there were two pillars and behind those pillars were two tables. A little bit farther ahead and there were the trash and recycling bins.

"How about there?" I pointed to one of the tables beside the pillars.

"Sure." We walked over to the table and slid into the extra seats. The table was full of what the popular girls would call,"The Weirdoes," but in my opinion, they were cool and misunderstood.

"Hey, guys!" I smiled, looking down the table.

"Hi...?" One of the girls, a long haired blonde, responded.

"This is going to be great..." Audre muttered.

A/N 
Today's question is: What do you love to do most?

For me, there are three things: Writing, biking, and reading.